Random NSV (and suggestions?)

Options
NSV::
I have 4 rings that I wear all the time, well they keep getting looser and looser, and this morning I woke up having to search the bed for my wedding ring! it fell off!

I have always had fat fingers, so this is a BIG deal to me as silly as it sounds!

Also, I swear to you, I lost weight in my feet! I am a HUGE fan of heels, and my 2 favorite pairs are now too big, and yesterday I went to buy a new pair and I had to buy a 9 instead of a 10?! REALLY???????????? ODD!

Suggestions::
My other rings are simple and haven't been resized before so getting them resized will be cheap and easy at the jeweler we got them from, my wedding ring is a different story! My husband took the diamonds from my engagement ring and his mothers wedding ring and had one specifically made for me so I am scared to have it resized at all, let alone more than once, so should I resize it now and then again if I have to or should I wait? Any suggestions to keeping it on?

Replies

• deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    I've taken to wearing mine on a necklace around my neck. I don't want to resize too often. When I'm done losing weight, I'll go to the jewler... just an option?!?!
  • sociable15
    Options
    OMG i have the same problem!!! I can't resize one of the rings I normally wear because it was actually my great grandmother's wedding band (she died at 98 when I was 19 years old) and has old fashioned engraving of my great grandfather's name and the year they were married on the inside. So...that stays as is. My engagement ring I can't even wear anymore it's too big but I"m still losing so I'm thinking of getting one of those resizer things that goes on the inside of the ring until i steady out. Maybe that'd be good for your case?
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    They should be able to give you a removable insert that will make it fit.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You should be able to buy something, I think they're called spacers, at a jeweler. It fits on the inside of the ring and can make it smaller for you without really resizing the ring. I've used them on some heirloom pieces I didn't want to resize.

Also, I wouldn't be afraid of resizing a ring if you go to a reputable jeweler. I have super tiny fingers and every ring I buy has to be resized and I've never had a problem with something happening to the ring.
  • ndetlefsen
    ndetlefsen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    they can also add little gold (or platinum) or whatever nubs to the inside of the ring so it is smaller. My husband has this and it feels odd at first, but works quite well.

Good problem to have!!

I'd recommend waiting until you have reached your goal - sizing them once is better than twice........

Mine are in the safe deposit box - not sure when I'll get them back and have them sized.
  • happychix
    happychix Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    congrats!! huge NSV! you can buy a little resizer ring that you wear under your rings, most good jewellery stores have them (I lost my rings vacumming once and found that out) there are also sizing spring things that go inside your band.
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    :wink: LOL I am having the same problem, so i just either move it to the next finger while out and about or when i am at home i just take it off. This way i know that it is safe on my vanity. IF your still in the weight loss process just wait until you have hit your goal until you resize it or what the other lady suggested to get sizers. Good luck!
  • happychix
    happychix Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    oh and the feet size thing? totally when I lost 116lbs I went for a 10wide to a 9 regular - but hey now you have to go shoe shopping, woo hoo :happy:
  • dlm10
    dlm10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have worked for a jeweler for many years. Take them to a trusted experienced jeweler and have it sized. It would be far worse to loose your precious heirlooms! And by the way...GOOD work!!!
  • cbpirie
    cbpirie Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow! 117 lbs! I am so impressed. Good for you. I struggled to lose 4 and gained it on a cruise over break I am so discouraged.You give me hope.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Wow! 117 lbs! I am so impressed. Good for you. I struggled to lose 4 and gained it on a cruise over break I am so discouraged.You give me hope.

Hang in there! Don't get discouraged, try not to think about it! I have learned that stressing over gaining some back makes it harder to lose it again!!! You can do it :)

Also I have tried to find those plastic spacers but I can't find them ANYWHERE!!! And yes, I could def use a good shoe shopping day! Guess I need to sell my old heels! BOO!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!