Ate bad over the Easter now going threw with draw !

Options
Anyone else notice when they eat bad for a day or two OR THREE they have so much trouble going back to the healthy choices ! I am so going threw this now been since Easter ! But the good thig is I started today off good ! I also have this wonderful site. My weigh in day is this Saturday can I turn back the time and still lose weight ???

Replies

• donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I'm just exhausted. Last night I was looking forward to avoiding cake/cupcakes/candy today. I'm still in healthy food "go" mode, but my body is wiped out. Yuck

Doesn't help that it's warm and rainy out today (mmm, mildew and allergies).
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting back on track after a hard night of drinking.
    You just have to get back to logging your foods and make yourself make the right choices.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yea, I definitely go through withdraw after eating badly for a few days. It's like drugs I tell you!!!

You can probably still lose weight. I did this once before (for my birthday weekend) and pulled a big weight loss when I weighed in the next friday. I think it's because I tricked my body into a metabolism boost. Just be good this week and I'm sure you will be fine :)
  • chera325
    chera325 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I took a week off and gained 7 lbs!!! When I stepped on the scale Monday morning, I wanted to cry. I do this to myself at least once a month. The same 6-7 lbs. comes and goes SO quickly. After two days of eating healthy/working out/pounding water, I'm now back down, but it's so frustrating to think of where I'd be if I would have just kept working that week. Ohh well! Can't change it now.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Im struggling!
    Yesterday i went out and bought another easter egg to help...
    but i just seem to be eating less and less healthy the more i try to stay away from chocolate.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, just take it one step at a time. Remember that you are in control of what you eat. Every time you make the healthy choice, you are a little bit closer to your goals.

Perseverance, not perfection!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    HA! I took everything that was bad in the fridge and gave it to one of my co workers!! If I don't see it then I can't eat it!!

Yesterday I went to Kroger and restocked on all my healthy "Snacks" to help!! :happy:
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Im struggling!
    Yesterday i went out and bought another easter egg to help...
    but i just seem to be eating less and less healthy the more i try to stay away from chocolate.

Chocolate is the one thing I refuse to give up! I buy a bar of expensive, high quality dark chocolate and just have a few squares. It usually is only 50 calories or so.

Just try not to buy the (cheap) high sugar chocolate.... it is very easy to overeat it and it's not as satisfying as the high quality stuff.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Especially the carbs. Carbs beget carbs. I have not allowed myself more than a day or two of "relaxed" eating because I know that the backlash will be brutal. Not worth the cravings and hunger.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I did not do very well over the weekend also!! I still manage to stay under my calorie count. Man, I can feel the difference between eating clean and not eating clean. I am going back to eating clean without a shadow of doubt. It was fun while it lasted but we have to remain focused. Shake it off and try again. Don't beat yourself up!
  • t8miller
    t8miller Posts: 10
    Options
    This my sound kinda twisted but it usually works for me. I had my first piece of chocolate in 3 1/2 weeks Easter morning. (Damn Peanut Butter Eggs) Then proceeded to eat some more throughout the day. Well right before I went to bed ate like three more pieces of chocolate and it gave me a stomach ache. So, if you have a problem stopping eating something, eat so much of it makes you sick. As I said, it is kinda twisted but works for me.
  • donicagalek
    Options
    You know, chocolate isn't even the enemy here. I talked to a woman from Russia who really loved to cook and bake (one of those naturally thin and healthy blonde mid-forties types - I'd hate her if she weren't so nice :-D ) and she called most of the chocolate on the shelves here in the states "cow fat chocolate". Another friend that went vacationing in Europe said that even the stuff we hold in higher regard like Ferrero Rocher is the "exported garbage". Milk chocolate is junk. The barely sweet and very dark chocolate is the good stuff. Our crap is a small bit of decent chocolate diluted with fat and sugar. Eat enough dark stuff and milk chocolate starts to taste waxy.

Then there's the food. Ham is low in calories - high in sodium (like most smoked meats). There are studies about the evils of smoked meats in general, but I don't know if they hold any validity. I know for me that smoked meats leave me tired. There are a few fingers pointing to erectile dysfunction, but that could just be because of the lifestyle of the average guy that sits around eating sausage and bacon all day.

Then there's the low-cal guilt trap. "I'm going to eat this small bit of high calories here, but I'm going to cut my cals in half by sticking to diet dressings/toppings/etc." Those foods are *also* high in sodium. They lowered the calories by adding salt to retain some flavor.

I fall into all this crap, too. I managed to keep my calories under and still exercised - but I'm hurting from the weekend. Age (and I'm only 33) makes the food hangovers *worse*. Live and learn. :-D
  • donicagalek
    Options
    And I gave up drinking a few months ago, but if you're a drinker you may want to either stick with a nice dry wine OR learn how to infuse your own vodkas and avoid processed spirits (coolers, schnapps, and the like). There are lots of instructions on the net on how to make infusions. They just take time to let them sit.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I agree with t8miller. I did that Monday night (reese egg and robin eggs) and now do not even want to see it. Twisted but whatever works!
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track !
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I had the Easter blow out and had planned to get right back on track but I'd hurt my foot and can't workout for a little bit. Then I started feeling mopey and pouty over it and revisited the Easter leftovers and have really just eaten like garbage all week! I don't think I've been under by goal even once this week! Bleh! I'm hoping the foot will be healed enough by Monday that I can carefully get back to working out. It didn't help that one of my kids had a birthday this week and we went to Cold Stone to celebrate it! Sheesh. I do think my husband may finally buy me the bicycle I've been asking for so our family can go on bike rides! At least that won't hurt the foot.