Kinect kicked my butt!

Options
Last night i fired up Your Shape Fitness Evolved for the Kinect and did two sessions of cardio boxing and a session of toning and stretching and I sure do feel it this morning. I probably spent about 20 minutes all together doing everything and burned about 150 calories. Both sessions were beginner sessions so they weren't too intense, but my back and legs are screaming at me today. The cardio boxing was a lot of fun and was a good alternative to take a break from the personal training sessions. Those things are tortue for me to do. All this from a video game!

Replies

• kyleeann15
    kyleeann15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE Kinect!! I fire up Dance Central whenever I get the chance. I dont actually own it but my boyfriend's roommate does so I can only do it every now and then; but when I do it, I sweat! Such a fun way to burn lots of calories!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear what a work out it is! I got this around Xmas and haven't gotten around to doing the set up part so I haven't tried to really use it to my advantage yet. I may try it soon. Thanks again!
  • NatureRunnerGirl
    NatureRunnerGirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have PS2 and do Kentics. I LOVE IT! I would love to get the Xbox just to be able to get the kinect. Im not a gamer so not sure it would be worth the investment.
  • troythegeek
    Options
    I had previously just been doing Dance Central as a way to burn calories. I'm dripping with sweat by the time I'm done with one song and the game has a calorie tracker built into it. Even in my own home I feel like a complete fool trying to do this dance moves though. I also knew I wasn't really targeting any certain area. That is why I started using Your Shape: FE game and I really like it a lot. Just this week I've done cardio boxing, stretching and toning, yoga and the personal trainer section customizes a workout for you based on your statistics and lifestyle. I highly recommend it for anybody with an Xbox and Kinect.