Hello :)

Options
Hi everyone! I joined MFP in March and have been using the iPhone app every day, but this is one of my first posts. I'm slowly working my way toward my goal--it feels great to be getting in shape and eating healthier, but I struggle a lot with junk food cravings. Luckily, my friends are also getting in shape, but most of them are doing Weight Watchers and I didn't feel like WW was for me. So, I'm hoping that MFP will provide me with the support that I need to keep going.

Replies

• kellymccrea
    Options
    Hello back at ya!!! I have also did WW and it wasnt for me either..been here for over a month and have lost 7 pounds,luv luv luv mfp!!good luck..
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I like mfp for that reason. I like to structure the program to fit my needs and mfp does it. The junk food cravings will lesson if you can find alternatives. I like Fiber Plus bars especially the Caramel Coconut Fudge its 120c but it can satisfy a strong craving. Good Luck. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Angiebug1969
    Options
    Welcome!! I have also been using the MFP app for the past few months, but really LOVE the interaction & support here on the site!
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes and friend requests! :)

I thought about joining WW too (the "everyone else is doing it" mentality), but I was really averse to paying for the program. Also, I didn't quite grasp the idea behind the "points" system...just seemed needlessly confusing.

Irene8509, I've been having Special K bars for a snack and just switched to Fiber One bars--they've been helping curb my chocolate cravings and they are pretty filling for such a small snack!