HELP!!!!!!!! protein and p90x

clrock11
clrock11 Posts: 13 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone, I'm supposed to be taking in around 1800 cals on regular days and 2000 cals on days when I do doubles. I am doing the fat shredder phase and it calls for 50% of cals to be protein. So on myfitnesspal.com it converts it to 225 grams of protein. I am 6'0" 185 lbs and female. I am looking to lose weight and I am noticing I am bulking up in mu upper body. HELP!!!!! I want thin and toned arrms NOT GUNS!!! How many grams of protein should I be eating a day? Please help me out! I'm nearing day 60 and I desperately just want to be thin.

Replies

• cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Yup. 225 sounds right. If you are female, you will not develop "guns" like guys do. You do not have the testosterone to do it. You will, however, start toning your arms. Some women do have more test than others, so this tone gives them a more gunny shape when compared to other women, but you won't develop the same musculature as a man. Unless you do drugs. Don't do drugs. I'm guessing what you want to do is burn fat, right? This "thin" you talk about isn't the stick model thin is it? I'm guessing your "thin" is that toned semi muscular look like some women in fitness mags? They get to that shape by losing body fat. That allows the muscle to be more prevalent. If you want the stick model thin look, look elsewhere, that is a healthy body or lifestyle. Getting there will mean not eating or drugs. Neither of which are condoned here as both have short and long term ramifications.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    You have to give it time...the only reason you think you're getting bulky up top is because your body needs time to cut the fat in order for your muscles to look lean. If you are increasing lean muscle mass, and you still have a layer of fat on top, you might just look a little bulky on top. DO NOT PANIC and DO NOT QUIT LIFTING. After my first 2 rounds of P90X, I felt as though I was too bulky, too, but I kept on going. Another 6 months later and I finally starting seeing shapely, defined arms that were, in fact, smaller (though with definite musculature).
  • clrock11
    clrock11 Posts: 13 Member
    Yeah I am looking for a healthy athletic look not looking to to be. Be model thin. Most looking to lose fat and gain lean muscle.
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    To lose fat and gain lean muscle you need to do the following.

- Stay on calorie balance. Eat the same calories you're burning, or you'll limit your muscle building potential.
    - Eat a varied balanced diet. If you're doing that and the above, you'll be getting enough protein for your protein intake not to limit your muscle growth in any way.
    - Lift. As close to your 1RM as you can, lifting no more than 6reps. no less than 3 sets, and lift to failure.

That's it. It's hard work, but it's simple, good luck.
This discussion has been closed.