Wellness Activities for Employees

Options
Hi All!

I work as a wellness coordinator for a company of 3800 people. I was interested in doing some wellness competitions and activities, and was thinking, who better to ask then my friends at MFP! :)

Does anyone have any ideas for wellness activities or competitions I could do for my employees? I'm looking for some fun and competitive games, as the employees get very competitive.

I should also mention.. the company is a medical sales company consisting of sales reps, customer service reps, delivery drivers, warehouse workers, etc.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ashtrizzle
    Options
    I work for a company that did stuff like this. Maybe set up weekly weigh-ins or weekly exercise logs. Whoever loses the most (by percentage) or whoever logs the most exercise by the end wins. Or do is Biggest Loser style and do teams. Throughout the tournament make sure that company is providing encouragement and maybe a daily snack of apples and water.
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    We did a Wellness Challenge here where I work and that's how I got started on my weight loss program. It was based on a points system. There were a number of criteria that we had to meet each week in order to earn points (2 points per). It was a 12 wk. competition. We were asked to start out exercising at least 15 mins. 3 x a week for the first 3 wks. of competition, up to 5 x per week after wk. #3. We had to decrease our caloric intake to between 1200-1300 calories before exercise, document ALL food eaten, and lose at least 1/2 lb. per week. At the end of the competition, the person with the most points won. We chose to put money in a jar so the winner won $120.

It worked for me. I've lost 36 lbs. in 26 weeks.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The company I work for does something called Steptacular. It's a steps-per-day thing so it would require employees to purchase a pedometer. How it works is you wear the pedometer daily and get points for how many steps you take in a day. If you reach 10,000 steps in a day you get bonus points. I can't remember the exact break-down of points awarded but i could look if up if you are interested. With the points employees are elligible to win money or prizes. The only downside to this is that the pedometer is easy to fool because you can just shake it to make the step count increase.
  • marissa4354
    marissa4354 Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!

I am the only person managing the wellness program for 3800 employees, so it would have to be something that doesn't require a lot of time tracking on my side. I was thinking of having them keep a tracking of something for 12 weeks then turn it in. If they are going to waste that much time lying to create a tracking chart, I'm not concerned.

We trust our employees, and the tracking would be self reported.