Breakfast!

Options
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and sometimes I easily go over my 400 calorie limit, could everyone share with me their favorite breakfast that is filling but healthy too?

My favorite breakfast right now is

2 slices banana peanut butter toast
1 coffee with 1/4 cup skim
Calories: 376

2 slices of toasted Mrs. Bairds Honey 7 grain bread ( what they use in the caf at school)
1 small banana
1 tablespoon of peanut butter

cut up the banana into slices and spread peanut butter on toast, add the banana slices on top! so good!!

Replies

• YogaBooty
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and sometimes I easily go over my 400 calorie limit, could everyone share with me their favorite breakfast that is filling but healthy too?

2 slices of toasted Mrs. Bairds Honey 7 grain bread ( what they use in the caf at school)
    1 small banana

cut up the banana into slices and spread peanut butter on toast, add the banana slices on top! so good!!
  • stephiepoo
    Options
    yumm :love: Now i'm even more hungry :frown:
  • carolinamzd
    Options
    I have to agree that breakfast is also my favorite meal of the day considering that it helps me start my day off with something in the stomach.

My favorite breakfast is a combination of organic food:

1 egg
    onion
    spinach
    tomato
    mushroom

sprinkles of low fat cheddar cheese

turkey sausage link

half a toast of whole grain muffin

1 cup of mixed teas (black, green, white)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
    1 T. PB or Cashew Nut Butter
    a sprinkle of raisons...

YUM-O

You got your protein, carbs and good to good!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

1 small banana

If you learn to drink the coffee black, you could save a lot of calories, sodium, carbs, etc.
  • lyndastew
    Options
    1 Thintinni (flatbread) sliced tomato 2 tsp half fat mayo
  • mimielle
    mimielle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is my favourite breakfast for the work week.

Make this the night before in a tupperware and bring to work or eat after a morning workout.

1/2 cup raw large flake oats (not the instant kind!)
    1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
    1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
    1/4 cup 1% milk
    1 tbsp honey (optional)

Mix and leave in the fridge over night. Add half a sliced banana in the morning.

This is 405 calories...and very filling. If you used flavoured yogurt, you don't need to add the honey.
  • ladybug3
    Options
    :tongue: Lowfat yogurt mixed with Special K Protein Plus Cereal. One 6oz yogurt and 1 cup of protein plus cereal equals 233 cals! Yummy and satisfies you:bigsmile:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options

1 small banana

If you learn to drink the coffee black, you could save a lot of calories, sodium, carbs, etc.

"A lot" of calories? 1/4 cup of skim milk has 20 calories! And 2 grams of protein! And 7.5% of your daily calcium needs. If your GI can take skim milk, don't skip it! And it's better for your teeth, too.

I'm not saying you SHOULD skip anything, but ... If you could replace the peanut butter and banana with apple butter, you'd save at least 200 cals - mostly fat and sugar.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I admit to be currently addicted to the Starbucks Spinach/Feta/Egg wrap... as I've been grabbing it on the go lately.

When I make breakfast at home I usually prefer toast and scrambled eggs (1 full egg + .75 cup egg whites) OR oatmeal OR a whole grain cereal with either skim milk or almond milk.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I pack 3 hard boiled eggs and eat

1 plus
    1/2 of 1
    plus 1 white only. With pepper.

Very filling :)
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    Why are you telling her to skip the peanut butter and banana? Provided the peanut butter is all natural and not full of added salt and sugar, it's a good source of fiber, protein and healthy fats. Bananas are full of sugar, yes, but it's natural sugars.

Anyway, I find that when I eat a heavier breakfast (around 500 calories) I am less likely to snack throughout the day. I make a big bowl of oatmeal (about 1/2-1/3 c oats mixed with 1/2-1/3 c water & light soymilk, ground flax, agave nectar, peanut butter or almond butter, a banana and a little pumpkin is my favorite combo lately) and black tea with stevia. Probably the best breakfast ever.
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have 2:

I make a master batch of oatmeal (steel cut), I toast the oats, add the water and a cinnamon stick and some allspice kernels, it makes about 10 servings. I heat a serving up in the morning with just a bit of milk or soy, add 1/2 a banana, 1/4-1/2 oz. walnuts, some cinnamon and eat! It tastes like banana bread! It's about 300-350 cal. depending on nuts.

My ultimate pancake:

a serving of Krusteaz wheat and honey mix, add 1 T. flaxseed, 1/2 t. cinnamon, 1/2 t. ginger, and enough water to get the right consistency, cook, and eat with real maple syrup, but I dip each piece instead of pouring the syrup over, that way I use less. This is like a 500 calorie breakfast and sooo filling, and good amount of fiber and protein.
  • YogaBooty
    Options
    Yeah, I only have a very small amount of milk in my coffee, I just round it up to 1/4 cup, and I try to aim for 400 calories in breakfast to get me through the day :)
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Not all the time, but sometimes, I LOVE Eggo Nutri-Grain waffles with banana slices on top :smile: yum....and under 300 calories :bigsmile: tasty, filling, and low calorie.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs (1 whole & 2 whites) mixed with
    spinach, onion, tomato, mushrooms, and two slices OM ready serve bacon. I sprinkle on a little shredded lowfat cheese. Runs under 300 calories

I use quaker weight loss oatmeal (I know the regular is less calories, but I like the extra protein)
    and add either banana and pecans or raisins and walnuts. With 1/4 c skim milk, runs about 250 calories

I usually save the peanut butter for snacking later in the day, I always blow my calories if I eat it and I don't exercise that day. But I am loving the PB blended with a banana and chocolate protein shake. Yummmm for about 300 to 350 calories