Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not Losing Weight!

So I have been using MFP for a month now, and have been working out consistently for 3 weeks. Also my fitness plan recommended 1200 calories, which I follow on my days not working out. The days I do workout I usually eat the calories I have burned, because I find myself to be much hungrier.

I have been doing the insanity workout four times a week, and sometimes add tennis or rollerblading into the mix. I am becoming frustrated because I have not seen any weight loss, but in fact some weight gain.

I just need some advice on what I am doing right or wrong? Has this happened to anyone else? Thank you everyone!

Replies

• What's the total intake on the workout days? Are you paying attention to macronutrient distribution? % split between Protein/Carbs/Fat? An aggressive plan would be 50/30/20% respectively, although I opt for 40/40/20.
  • lacinad
    lacinad Posts: 6 Member
    I have my fat intake is at 20, but now that you mention carbs they are usually around 50, sometimes a little higher. On the days working out, it's usually about 1500 calories.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    You likely have your goals/settings incorrect. I'd recommend reading these threads to make sure your loss per week goal isn't too high - if you have 20 lbs to lose and are on 1200, it's probably too high. The less you have to lose, the more conservative your deficit must be. :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    It happened to me, so after two months and still having 4 if the 7 gained pounds hanging around I'm trying to shake things up.

Also have been putting a lot of focus on my fitness improvements and nutrition goals. The scale is part of it, but I also aim for 9+ fruits and vegetables each day and have been able to run a bit lately despite the gains. Since two months ago running hurt my shins so much I couldn't do it at all I'm proud of the change.

No advice from me, just encouragement to keep with it. I think in time we find our own ways.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    If you make your diary public, we can probably offer a little more advice. Without seeing what you're eating, we can only guess what the issue is.
  • I'd agree with TS65, if you allow viewing of your diary, we can provide more insight. There are many factors that weigh in.

The basic rule of thumb is to try to limit your intake to your RMR (Weight x 10). Your Basil Metabolic Rate is about 20% of your RMR (What you burn just staying alive). You should be running a notable deficit to show a weight loss. If you weigh 150, your RMR is 1500 and BMR is 300, so you're burning 1800 daily at a minimum. If you take in 1200 calories, you're running a 600 calorie deficit. Depending on the macronutrients taken in (%'s between protein/carbs/fat) that would take about 7-8 days to lose 1 lb. (3500kcal = 1lb)