HRM chest straps

Options
do these HRM chest straps really stay in place all day? or do you just wear them when your working out? Im thinking about it but I dont want to mess with it all the time either?

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    They are not meant for all day use. Just wear it when you're working out. I wear mine for every workout and have never had an issue with it slipping or moving.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    just for work outs and make sure its snug in the beginning. I barely even feel mine and typically forget to take if off until I get home from the gym.
  • Lisamarie7574
    Lisamarie7574 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Same here - I only use it when I'm going to work out. Probably the only reason why you'd wear one all day is for medical/cardiac purposes and even then, you'd get something like a Holter monitor from a cardiologist. If you wet the electrodes on the strap the way the instructions say (do all of them require this? I'm not even sure! Mine does), then the strap should definitely stay in place. I always wondered this myself when I first used it, because of the way we women have to wear it just under the bustline.

Good luck!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I wear it only while working out. Just make sure you adjust the strap so it fits good...if it is even a tad too lose, it will chafe the heck outta your skin.

Well it did mine anyway...not a fun place to have a "burn"!
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    MOst HRMs are only meant to be worn during exercise (and they do stay in place) . There are some, like BodyFit, that are meant to be worn all day.