Low sodium tortilla?

Options
sassylilmama
sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
Is there an option for a tortilla low in sodium? I want to still have them at least on occasion but but the sodium levels in all the tortillas I have seen are ridiculous. Is there a low(er) sodium brand? Or does anyone even have a recipe to make them?

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I haven't found any....
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Is there an option for a tortilla low in sodium? I want to still have them at least on occasion but but the sodium levels in all the tortillas I have seen are ridiculous. Is there a low(er) sodium brand? Or does anyone even have a recipe to make them?

maybe need to make them from scratch....probably taste yummier that way anyway. :)
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    How low? I recently found La Tortilla Factory low carb high fiber tortillas at the store... 50 cals each, but 210mg of sodium.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The only lower ones I found weren't so low...still 210mg of sodium and that was at a health food store..can you imagine that!!! I want a lower sodium one as well.
  • Dancinhiphop4life
    Options
    yes! buy tumaro's gourmet tortillas- low carb. the salsa ones are 96% FF- 50 cals, 11 carbs, 6 fibers and SODIUM? just 90 mg! they are awesome! i use them all the time. i buy them at giant....not in the bread/ tortilla area. i find them on a short metal stand in front of where you order seafood or chinese food. Hope this helps.
  • sassylilmama
    Options
    yes! buy tumaro's gourmet tortillas- low carb. the salsa ones are 96% FF- 50 cals, 11 carbs, 6 fibers and SODIUM? just 90 mg! they are awesome! i use them all the time. i buy them at giant....not in the bread/ tortilla area. i find them on a short metal stand in front of where you order seafood or chinese food. Hope this helps.

thanks, we have a Martins which I think is the same chain. Will check there.
  • sassylilmama
    Options
    How low? I recently found La Tortilla Factory low carb high fiber tortillas at the store... 50 cals each, but 210mg of sodium.

that is much lower than the brands I have seen will look for these as well.
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bumping this!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Our Giant closed up more than 20 yrs ago...hmmmm maybe I can find them online.

Edit: Went to their website. They said Harris Teeter have them so I will check there. Thanks for the info!
  • Dancinhiphop4life
    Options

Our Giant closed up more than 20 yrs ago...hmmmm maybe I can find them online.

Edit: Went to their website. They said Harris Teeter have them so I will check there. Thanks for the info!

You are welcome!!! :smile:
  • Zepp1978
    Zepp1978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in that, too. I'm still using the Mission Carb Balance Whole Grain ones. 80 Cals a pop, but 220 sodium.
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    I'll definitely will be on the look out for these now!