C-Section

Options
How the HECK is one supposed to get rid of the "apron" from a c-section..........it is getting smaller, but it is not toning up.........argh!! it's 11 years old by the way!!! LOL

Replies

• FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would like to know the answer to this as well
  • robyn12770
    robyn12770 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    tummy tuck :(
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Mine is 9!! I had 3 c-sections!!!
  • Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    I too have had a c-section (actually 2 of them). I do leg lifts to get my down (it hasnt' left comepletely but getting very smaller). I lay down on a bench pressing machine and raise my legs all the way up and then lower all the way down. I started with 10 reps per set, and can now do 3 sets. Hope this helps.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Had three separate Dr's tell me there is no way I can tighten that skin, since the muscle underneath it are so damaged. After I reach my goal weight, I'm going in for a mini tummy tuck to get rid of the skin.
  • bethsherbahn
    Options
    I would love to know that also mine has been 19yrs!!!!
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    That's something that should be disclosed as the doc is trying to talk you into a c-section. I wonder if it would change the minds of many women?

Tummy tuck is the only way.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    unfortunately no amount of weight loss will make skin go away... I have heard some things about compression to encourage skin shrinkage & reshaping... or a couple grand will get u a tummy tuck. BEST WISHES
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    So I feel slightly dumb here, I had a c-section...but I was pretty "chunky" before it..and have been "chunky" since...I'm not really sure what everyone is talking about when they say "c-section belly" (or however you want to word it)...Maybe when my belly isn't so fat I'll see it? Because right now all I see is fat..
  • mamato3babes
    Options
    hmmm.... I saw a post about this not to long ago.
    The woman had amazing results... UGH! Now I gotta go search ;) LOL
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    unfortunately no amount of weight loss will make skin go away... I have heard some things about compression to encourage skin shrinkage & reshaping... or a couple grand will get u a tummy tuck. BEST WISHES

So its extra skin? Haha, sorry I know I sound like a retard. Like I said, my belly is just fat for now!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    So I feel slightly dumb here, I had a c-section...but I was pretty "chunky" before it..and have been "chunky" since...I'm not really sure what everyone is talking about when they say "c-section belly" (or however you want to word it)...Maybe when my belly isn't so fat I'll see it? Because right now all I see is fat..

Its like a flap of skin that hangs over the top of the scar. It looks like fat, but tbh, mine is now an empty sack of skin, I sometimes think my belly looked better fatter :(
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Surgery. I have it, too. I call it a "poof". It formed when they stitched me back together with all the pregnancy fat still in place. It's very low on my abdomen and naturally, it's where my excess weight likes to go. Mine's 15 years old.

I was at a lower weight several years ago (briefly) and I will say the "poof" was much diminished. I would have to be a stick for it to disappear altogether, but I was encouraged to find that the fat could be lost if I were to again reach that weight. And that weight was still 15 lbs above my goal weight, so the results are encouraging.

Good luck to you. I don't regret the C-section. Without me and both of mine would be dead. I guess I can put up with a little "poof".
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options

So its extra skin? Haha, sorry I know I sound like a retard. Like I said, my belly is just fat for now!

I think the "apron" is just the pooch or extra skin right above the scar. If you have a lot of belly fat there right now, it's probably not noticeable, but it will be as the weight comes off.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Mine is shrinking from exercise. I'm hoping that it will disappear without the tummy tuck.
  • AJs_mom
    AJs_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had 2 - my kids are almost 7 and 3..... Would love to know the secret!!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I must have a great Doctor! With my second C-section he cleaned mine up and we knew it would be my last so he stitched it in a way that it's completley flat, in fact you can barely see the scar itself! I kept wondering when I saw c-section posts what everyone was talking about...now I know! Good luck to you!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    My sister had a c-section 14months ago and she no longer has that "apron." She did a lot of sit-ups, crunches, leg lifts, she runs a ton. And of course lotion to help with elasticity (no special lotion, just one with vitamin E and whatnot).
    She may just be the weirdo that actually got rid of it
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That's something that should be disclosed as the doc is trying to talk you into a c-section. I wonder if it would change the minds of many women?

Tummy tuck is the only way.

I agree!
  • AdoreZel
    AdoreZel Posts: 63
    Options
    I didn't even get a c-section and I still have loose skin that probably won't go away completely lol but workouts that focus on the transverse abdominal muscles can help tighten it little bit.