Lap-Band

Options
Good morning, my name is Brian and I am new to this site.. I had lap-band surgery 4-11-2011 and so far (including the pre surgery liquid diet I have lost 37 pounds.. I am very excited. One thing I am noticing is that I am starting to get hungry now.. Not liking that much. I am going in monday the 2nd for my first fill so hopefully that will help me curb the hunger again. Anyways I am very excited about my future and hopefull I can get down to my goal weight by this time next year.

Thanks

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! My best friend had that done years back with great results. She lost over 100 lbs. Just remember that it is OK to get hungry. You are supposed to eat. Just not over eat. Don't have them fill to the point that you cannot eat at all and you go anorexic. And making good food choices is important too. Welcome!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I dont know much about the lapband---when you are truly hungry--can you not eat something?
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Hello !! I wish you the best of luck with your band. I had it done 6 months ago and i have lost about 100 pounds since then. I was the same way with the hunger. It was alot better after my first fill.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    :) time for a fill...
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    Good luck and welcome! As for being hungry.. it is time for a fill. Your swelling in your stomach is going down from surgrey so now you are feeling hungry. Important to remember with the band is you need to eat! Don't get it so tight that you aren't getting enough calories. Also, if you have acid reflux the band is too tight (assuming you didn't have reflux pre-band). Drink plenty of water and you will see fabulous results!
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making a decision to improve your life and you probably do need a fill!
  • Cherlette
    Options
    Cngratulations! I am seriously wanting to have this surgery. Have you ahd any complications thus far?
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    I was banded on 03/30/2009 it took me 5 fills to feel my sweet spot where I was only eating what they said I was going to be able to eat it was all up to will power until then BUT my doc is really strict about doing fills after surgery and will only do them in 6 week incriments. you will go thru what is called bandster hell where you are in between fills and are hungry all the time because the food wont stay in your pouch the way I overcame that is by eating alot of protien dense foods like chicken, turkey, lean meats if you can tolierate it. I Love my Band and I wouldnt take it back for anything but you have to know how to use this tool that they have given you its not going to fix everything for you! so feel free to message me and ask any questions you have!! :flowerforyou:
  • smsain
    smsain Posts: 3
    Options
    I also just had the Lapband procedure and am ready for a fill. I get my first next week. For now when I have hunger pains, I drink lots of water. That does help curb it a little until the next meal. I've lost 45 pounds including the 23 I lost prior to surgery. I already feel so much better. Hang in there.