Tired of looking like an inflated version of my old self :-(

Options
Hi All!

I am totally new to the sight and really need to whip my butt into shape. I am fearful I maybe having health issues (high blood pressure, possible diabetes) and have been terrified to visit my doctor. Mainly because I of my weight gain. I made my appointment though and will be going on 5/2/11. I will be 30 in October and want to be at a healthier weight by then. I look catch glimpses of myself in the mirror sometimes and think, sheesh I look like someone took an air pump and just inflated me, I mean literally blew me up. I can't take it anymoe. I need to ge fit for me, my 6 year old son and my hubby.

Any support would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Best of luck in your journey to changing you! This is a terrific site-WELCOME!
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    You've come to the right place!
  • polybecca
    Options
    :laugh: i am glad to see that someone else has a great sense of humor!! I think that we will get along just fine.
  • ariasbano
    ariasbano Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it!! The MFP family is supporting you!
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • srixner
    srixner Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome, I have been using this site for a while. Keep logging in and the weight will come off. Be honest log everything! That was hard for me at first until I realized I am only cheating myself. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks sooo much for all the support and encouragement....I'm gonna need it! :-)
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have also been putting off getting a check up. I go back in 2 weeks. This time I am looking forward to it as I have already lost some and overall I feel incredible most days. Best wishes on your fitness journey. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I am also new to this site, but am loving it! Welcome!