I've been lurking...

hypergrl
hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there!

My name is Sonya and I've been using MFPs calorie counter for awhile now. However, I've been mostly active on JM's website boards and community.

My goal weight is 130 or whatever is a good healthy weight. I started at 174 and now I'm at 161 as of last friday! So I'm getting there slowly, but surely. LOL

The reason behind me wanting to get fit and toned up is I want to get pregnant and I want to be healthy and kind of get a jump start on learning how to eat so I don't gain excess weight during my pregnancy. That and I know have a tone and tight core helps super duper much with labor and god knows I want that to go as quickly as possible. LOL I would also like to recover faster and drop the baby weight faster too. If you are fit it helps you bounce back faster!

Once I have my baby I plan on just using all the good eating habits and new love of exercise (lol I'm getting there I think) to my kid and hopefully to my guy.

I welcome all to be friends and I will try and do my best to help and encourage you. Later I'll start a thread about some of my "issues" that interfere with my exercising and healthy diet. :) I'm shy at first.

Thanks and best wishes,
Sonya

Replies

• LeanLove
    LeanLove Posts: 8
    Your reason for wanting to be fit is so awesome! :)
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    I hear you on the goal of future pregnancy!!!! Best wishes on your journey!!!!!
  • littleEj
    littleEj Posts: 35 Member
    I just started today (gulp) and lost 60 pounds before getting preggo.... now, 9 months later I'm trying to get back down to where I was because I feel like a sloth! I was 115, then pounds crept back on before I got pregnant but I was still healthy and then I ballooned up to 180. I'm down to about 170 and want to get back to 115 so I have a long way to go but being healthy and active for my child is all the motivation I need. I just needed some tools to help me! finding time to exercise and exercise efficiently has been hard but I do at least 30 minutes a day now just need to get my diet back on track.
    Hang in there!
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Thank you all! I hope to be able to make my goals!

@littleEj - You are doing the right thing. Experts say that it takes about a year to work off the weight of a new baby. :) You have to give your body a chance to settle back into it's normal hormonal routine and things like that. You're working it the right way though whittle away at it a little at a time and it'll be gone before you know it.
This discussion has been closed.