I lack all self control...when it comes to food!!

shurekkiah90
shurekkiah90 Posts: 6
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys!
I'm a 20 years old, junior in college looking to lose about 30 lbs. In January, I decided to start this little journey, thinking it would be a piece of cake. Boy, was I wrong!! So far, I've lost about 12 lbs and have managed to keep it off. Now, I'm at a stand still and it's beginning to take toll on my motivation! I'm starting to eat a LOT more and not exactly the right food either. Over the past few weeks, I'll do great for about 4 or 5 days, then I go back to unhealthy food habits. With all this being said, I need a little motivation, maybe some new work outs or different foods to try.

These are the things I'm doing right now:

Workout: I walk/jog at the track for about 30-45 mins, 3 or 4 times a week. Abs (150- 3 times a week), various work out DVD's (I have a short attention span, so I usually don't do these often)

Food: I eat a lot of baked and grilled foods. I have no food allergies, so feel free to throw out any suggestions. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!! So, If you have any low fat desserts that I can try definitely throw them my way! =)

Anywho, I hope this helps you help me! Please feel free to add me as well.

Replies

• erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Your situtation sounds VERY similar to mine. I started here in January as well, and I have lost about 13 pounds. And, like you, I had a fairly easy time staying under my calories at first, but I've been slipping more and more lately, until I'm approaching the point where I go over my calories more days than I stay under.

I guess I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone in this!

-Erik
  • jscimeca
    jscimeca Posts: 66
    Hello!!! I know what you mean about losing self control over food. It's like we know we want to lose weight and we know how to lose weight yet somehow we don't always have the willpower to do it...
    I really recommend Beachbody workouts. (Insanity, P90X, ChaLean Extreme)
    They are what I use and they WORK!!
    I'm not a Beachbody coach trying to sell anything, just letting you know what works for me. The workouts are tough, but fun and give AWESOME results.

Good luck! You can do this!!!!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Logging everything you eat is a great start to helping you with your weight loss journey. I've found that it really gives me an idea of not only how much I've eaten, but how much more I can eat.

As for chocolate - I have a serious sweet tooth, and terrible chocolate addiction. For me, personally, I can't start eating sweets/desserts, b/c once I start, I just want more. But that said, I do enjoy a piece of dark chocolate every day. I can't give it up totally (nor should I have to!), and dark chocolate is not only a healthy endulgance, but doesn't make me want to eat the entire bar. So you may want to try some dark chocolate (at leat 70%) and see how that helps your cravings.
  • ERapp01
    ERapp01 Posts: 32 Member
    Increase the time you exercise to 50 minutes. I find on my hardest work out day, I don’t over eat. I trend to over eat when I have time on my hands.
  • u mentioned u love chocolate - i love these reduced guilt brownies!

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/desertrecipes/r/fatfreebrownies.htm
  • Thanks SO much for the quick response! I'm going to the store today to find new work out dvd's and DARK CHOCOLATE!! =))
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Stick with it :) Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.