TODAY IS THE DAY! (Well that would have been Monday)

Options
Hi, my name is Carrie and I am brand new to this site (thanks to my buddy on wowy.com).

I am a former Marine (yes, I am so proud of that) single mother of a 4 year old drama queen who has asked me for the last time "mommy do you have a baby in your belly!" For the past 12 years I have let myself balloon up to a whopping 203 lbs. and for my 5' 4" frame this is not good so I have decided this is it! No More! And besides my inner hootchy can't wear her hootchy clothes looking like this. (She could but it wouldn't be a pretty sight) So I am determined to stick with this program and anything else that will motivate me.

My goal is to get back to a healthy weight of 125 lbs although I would be happy with 140 lbs as well. Any words of advice would be greatly apreciated :)

Replies

• blooeyes79
    blooeyes79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Carrie. I am new to the board too! I have an inner hootchy too! and those club clothes are in boxes even though the shirts come out every now and then for Vegas trips (well the ones that fit) This site is great and it is so easy to follow! I would love to get down to 125 but I am leaning towards 150 then I will go from there. I am sure you will do great! I changed all out eating habits and as soon as I did that everything fell into place well except for vacationing on spring break and easter last week but the only set back I had was that it kept me at a steady weight instead of losing.
    You will do great just stick to your calorie goal daily is the best advice I have :)
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!! Make sure you drink lots and lots of water, exercise, and eat back your exercise calories! That was my biggest problem, i wasn't eating enough to even burn fat, sounds silly, but true!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP this is a great site to help get your health back.

My advice is log everything you put in your mouth, if you can preplan what your gonna eat even better. Drink loads of water and exercise, i stared out with walking and then started working out at home. I know you probably know all this but just sharing what works for me at the moment.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • margaretkbrown
    Options
    Akaratel,

Is it really true that if you don't eat the calories you earn by exercising, but you still eat around 1200, it prevents weight loss? I have been burning about 400 or 500 hundred calories when i exercise but i only eat back about 200 of them. I assumed this would help boost my weight loss. But if it doesn't, i have no problem eating those few extra hundred calories!!
  • brkthemold
    Options
    Thank you my fellow hootcy:flowerforyou:
  • brkthemold
    Options
    thanks for all the advice this is truly a wonderful site because i can use it on my phone as well. I have sent it to so many people already.

I have got to search my soul for WILL POWER and MOTIVATION so if any of you can help me locate her new address or phone number that would be great because I really need her.

Oh BTW, someone else here at work just asked me if I was pregnant! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS
  • blooeyes79
    blooeyes79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would just tell people yes and walk away :P the first week I lost that huge bloat I felt I had I mean I still have a tummy but it is shaped different LOl sounds lame I know but seriously a difference. Just keep up the work and when people who asked that awful question see you, guess who will feel awkward ;)