10% club -- looking for friends

Options
I'm just starting out and my first goal is to lose 10% of my body weight (which for me is a whopping 32 pounds!).

Is anyone else working on a similar goal? It'd be great to have a few friends so we could support each other!

Replies

• EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    I am working towards my club 10 at the moment with slimming world. I have a few pounds to go. In fact I will check that in a mo! Add me if you like?
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Added!!!! :flowerforyou:
    I am just starting too. 36lbs to loose. Hoping to soon have big numbers on my signature like others.
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Your goal is a great place to start and very tangible! Good luck to you & feel free to add me as a friend :)

2858698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Drealicious
    Options
    PLease add me!!! i have about 35 more pounds to loose!!
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I would also like to lose 5-10%. Yay!
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    I will definately join the 10% club. I am also starting at 10% of my weight and that magical number is 32, just like yours.....What are your long term weight loss plans?
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    I will definately join the 10% club. I am also starting at 10% of my weight and that magical number is 32, just like yours.....What are your long term weight loss plans?

Hi! Long term, I'd like to have a BMI under 30. I'm trying not to focus on getting to a particular weight or wearing a particular size. I just want to be healthy and happy! I suspect I'm going to break my loss into 10% chunks to make it more manageable because I have such a long way to go! :smile:
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Options
    This is a great goal! 18 lbs will be 10% for me. Add me if you like. :)
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    Ok 10% to me was 18 pounds. I have lost 13 pounds on slimming world so far so not only do I have 1 pound to go until I get my stone award but in 5 pounds I will get my club 10 (lost 10% of my body weight!)
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    10% is a GREAT goal!
    As many people I've done SO many programs (TOPS, WW, Atkins...and repeated many of them!!). AT this point (FINALLY) I've realized it's not about a program...it's about lifestyle change and being healthy :smile:

I would love to join you during your adventure, though I've been on MFP for a while...I got back on track last week (fortunately after a gain of only 4lb!). SO...as of today my 10% is 20lb. Everyone is different...but I need to...

1) maintain portion control (bottom line...I LOVE food...mantra: eat to live don't live to eat!)
    2) drink my water (ew...but necessary)
    3) write down what I eat (if I bite it I need to write it!)
    4) weigh myself weekly (whether I was naughty or NOT)
    5) exercise every day (even if it's JUST 15 minutes!)

Geeze...it sounds easy doesn't it?? :wink:

Good luck everyone!! I look forward to help keeping everyone motivated (and staying motivated myself!!)
  • Heartedmsgal
    Options
    Definitely my first goal too!! Great place to start!
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    Definitely a part of the 10% club... initial goal was 34lbs and I lost 6 of them already... all thanks to proper motivation and my fitness pals.
    It is just so much easier when you feel you're not in this alone, and you're accountable not only to yourself but to complete strangers who still support and encourage you, probably more than your family ever would... because let's face it, diet is misery, and misery loves company.

Let's go for it!
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    Sent a friends request! I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds so we're close in goal. Having another friend is more motivation!
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well...half-way through the week!! How's everyone doing?!? I had a breakthrough this week...my personal weakness is pastry/brownie/cakey yumminess...I can be surrounded by chips and not bat an eyelash...but I can hear a bag of cookies being opened a mile away :-)

SO...my mother in law baked an AMAZING chocolate (shiver) cake for Easter an my DH (trying to be sweet) went over and got a big piece for me. ..I took a deep breath... said NO thank you and headed to my elliptical inSTEAD of indulging...I would LIKE to say it was more fun than the cake...but that of course would be a lie...however I CAN tell you I did feel REALLY good about myself after!!

It's important not to deprive yourself...and I realize this...but after Sunday I was ANYTHING but deprived, lol

Have a great rest of the week everyone!!
    ~ Betty