The end all to the sweetener debate

Jovialation
Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
how-to-choose-a-sweetener-flowchart.jpg

Replies

• SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    I didn't know that sucralose may decrease the good bacteria in your gut... News to me!
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    I love that it says "I Love Corn"
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    LOVE IT!!
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Perfect!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Now everyone will be like

m220184382.png
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    lol love it
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Great info

untitled.jpg
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Love!
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    great!!!!
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    the fact that it points to agave nectar is terrible. agave nectar has a higher fructose level than HFCS does and your body does not no how ot store it. It is also highly processed. cane sugar or stevia is your best bet!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Thanks for posting this.
    I was just having a similar debate with my sister who insists Splenda is the "Be all, end all" of all Sweeteners
  • "the fact that it points to agave nectar is terrible. agave nectar has a higher fructose level than HFCS does and your body does not no how ot store it. It is also highly processed."

But it's trendy!!!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Thx:))
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    As far as I can tell NONE of the artificial sweeteners are good for you. If your really worried about being green or Organic (Biodegradable as I call it) why not use good ole cane sugar. It's been around for thousands of years and hasn't killed anyone yet.

I use some artificial sweeteners now but it's cause I'm trying to loose weight and I'm willing accept the risk, at least for now. But when I am done I'm going right back to cane sugar as I prefer a sweetener that doesn't leave an aftertaste. I've never met an artificial sweetener that doesn't leave an after taste.
  • chrisoej
    chrisoej Posts: 1
    The BFS site doesn't cite any studies to support the poster's claim that all artificial sweeteners are linked to cancer risk-- under "splenda", the only scientific study it cites is the one with the (admittedly worrisome) gut bacteria outcome.
  • Jovialation
    "the fact that it points to agave nectar is terrible. agave nectar has a higher fructose level than HFCS does and your body does not no how ot store it. It is also highly processed."

But it's trendy!!!
    thats their point. People that just care about seeming totally unique and awesome will use it just because its unique and awesome lol
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    i use organic cane sugar
  • Jovialation
    I'm glad you guys are totally into this!!

I, on the other hand, have been using regular sugar in my coffee all this time and am just starting to feel bad for it after seeing this.
  • I'm not Jewish but at Passover I stock up on "Kosher-Cola"...Coke and Pepsi with sugar! Can't find the "Throwback" stuff around here very often.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    im jewish and i dont drink any soda haha
This discussion has been closed.