Burger King Help

Options
Is there anything even close to being healthy at Burger King?

I keep looking at the grilled chicken salad but if you put any type of dressing on them the sodium goes through the roof.

My gf likes meeting me for lunch from time to time and BK is the only place that is close to my work.

Replies

• Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the salads and put malt vinegar on them instead of the dressings they have.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    nope just walk away!!!! LOL
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Exactly! why are you even at a fast food place, make your own meals :)
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sodium will still kick ur butt an order of grilled chicken strips where I work set you back less than 300 calories and are delicious but half ur sodium for the day maybe pack a lunch and go to a park?
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    agreed......drive right past that hellish place!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    maybe some of the wrappers or containers would be ok :)
    Ok grilled chicken with no mayo
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Just look up their nutritional info online and see if you can find something lower in calories. You might go over sodium but you'll just have to drink some extra water. I promise, you won't completely ruin your diet.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Pack the lunch and meet at the park or somewhere nice and outside. If you do this and surprise her, you may even score a few points! :tongue: :wink: :drinker:
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    Have you ever tired the veggie burger?
  • tonedover
    tonedover Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wendys Asian Chicken Salad isnt super duper terrible for you, but really i have to agree -- stay away from fast food places.

If you are in a hurry and starving, go to a Subway. They are everywhere

Lastly -- sodium can be overcome by drinking lots of extra water.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    if you're careful with your sodium, going over ONE meal ONE day won't hurt you. My husband occasionally meets me for lunch, so I feel your pain. I LOVE that time with him, it's like a vacation from the work day. My husband used to eat their veggie burgers, before he started eating meat again, and they were okay. You can always get the burger without the bun, too. That'll save you a lot of calories, carbs, and sodium.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options

Exactly! why are you even at a fast food place, make your own meals :)

Everyone is correct I should just drive on by but today I am stuck with it, I will have nightmares of Jillian Michaels yelling at me tonight.

Never realized how much sodium is in a grilled chicken sandwich
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    They post all of their calorie information, and while none of it is "healthy", I think everyone understands the need to eat at these places from time to time. Check their nutrition information on the website, and try to limit fast food to once a week or once every two weeks in moderation.

When you eat there, eat there. Get the lowest calorie thing that is closest to the thing you like most. (ie. instead of a double cheeseburger, get a single). Experience among my friends is that eating salads at Burger king leads to cheating in other places.
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    they have an ok salad, but they don't give out cups for water for free in TX so I don't ever go there anyway :)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Maybe try bringing your own meal and meeting her there to eat 'your' lunch. Or If your work allows it-eat there and meet her there with intention of not eating there. I do this often! I've even ate my homemade lunch in my car and then went & met friends/boyfriend and just simply said..I'm not hungry, no thanks; and just sat and socialized for the rest of my lunch. Hey...to me~do what you gotta do! :)
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Maybe try bringing your own meal and meeting her there to eat 'your' lunch. Or If your work allows it-eat there and meet her there with intention of not eating there. I do this often! I've even ate my homemade lunch in my car and then went & met friends/boyfriend and just simply said..I'm not hungry, no thanks; and just sat and socialized for the rest of my lunch. Hey...to me~do what you gotta do! :)

This sounds like the best idea when she wants to meet up for lunch so next time I will plan ahead better.

I also like the idea of meeting for a picnic but today we are under a constant tornado watch/warning. But it's a great idea for another time.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Pack the lunch and meet at the park or somewhere nice and outside. If you do this and surprise her, you may even score a few points! :tongue: :wink: :drinker:
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    get a grilled chicken salad without dressing....

the grilled "chicken" sandwich PLAIN should not kill you.

But, seriously dude, you know we are gonna tell you to pick a diet coke and go for the conversation and not the food...then eat a healthy lunch in the car or when you get back to work.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    leave off the cheese(its generally oil) and mayo(they use full fat versions!!) But maybe eat there, enjouy yourself and then add 30 minor an hour on to your work out. Consider it a treat!!
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    I always pack my lunch and take it with me if i have lunch with my friends and they want fast food they think its embracing to bring in food in a restaurant and I tell them and I'm the one who's losing the weight