Hope You Dont Drive one of these cars

Replies

• Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    2010 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x4...and yes the gas mileage sux! But it's a sweet ride! :)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Toyota Prius :wink:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    They never mention diesel vehicles in these news stories.

VW TDI Diesel - ~45mpg - 700 miles to a tank - Best tank was 875 miles.
    :noway: WOW!!!

hehe, Yep it's great.

Last year we drove from Toronto, ontario to Tampa Florida, then over to Miami, then back up to Toronto.
    That was with A/C on for 3/4 of the trip and the drive back we were cruising 85mph most times.

Total distance approx 3045 miles. Filled up 5 times for approx $250 in fuel.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    <<<Mercedes SLK320 --- 16mpg... gas guzzler :(
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Love my Focus!! It's been reading right around 34.8 mpg lately. Yay!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    I love my Yamaha FJR1300. :happy:
    SMART GUY!! :wink:

Would have been smarter to keep my DL650. That one got 55-60 mpg, depending on terrain and load.

The FJR only pulls off 40-47 mpg, depending on how much fun and trouble with LEO's I want that day.

Both have been my daily commuters, trip-takers for the past two years. I'm nearing 40k miles combined miles for the two bikes. Much, much more fun than the cage or bus.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    I have a Ford Focus. THANK GOD!!! I also have a truck I rarely use. Plus the most eco friendly, cheap, healthy mode of transportation ever. A BICYCLE!!!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Love my Focus!! It's been reading right around 34.8 mpg lately. Yay!
    I sat in rush hour traffic for 45 minutes and the gauge did not move. Dont you LOVE it???
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    The fill costs in the article are nothing our boat has a 60 gallon tank @ 3.85/gal I'm looking at $200+ for a day on the water.

Oh well, at least I will get better gas mileage from my weight loss.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member

Diesels were outlawed here in Calif until recently, so I couldn't get one when I was last in the marktet for a car.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    The fill costs in the article are nothing our boat has a 60 gallon tank @ 3.85/gal I'm looking at $200+ for a day on the water.

Oh well, at least I will get better gas mileage from my weight loss.
    Exactly why I own a sailboat... My 30 gallons of diesel will last me 6-8 months :bigsmile:
  • Makes me love my little Jeep Patriot even more <3
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Our commuter car is an '09 Nissan Versa SL FE bought in '09 when gas was "fair" it was $37 to fill up, excellent but now that gas is $1.35+ its $45-47 but still one of the most efficient on the road.

We already have 30,000km on it and drove it to Florida and back (5000km) with no problems.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    I have a chevy Blazer (2000) and it actually gets pretty good gas milage for an SUV. It is a 15 gallon tank and it costs me about 40-45 to fill up. And that lasts me a week or more. :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member

:noway: WOW!!!

hehe, Yep it's great.

Last year we drove from Toronto, ontario to Tampa Florida, then over to Miami, then back up to Toronto.
    That was with A/C on for 3/4 of the trip and the drive back we were cruising 85mph most times.

Total distance approx 3045 miles. Filled up 5 times for approx $250 in fuel.

Yea! Us too BUT on reg gas. We went from Toronto to Orlando June 2010 and spent $180.

The only lame thing is you can't use your CC at the pumps in the US b/c they require a zip code not postal code and you can't fudge it with 90210 b/c it knows your billing address. We would fill up whenever we got to a 1/2 tank or under for $15-20 with our '09 Nissan Versa SL FE.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Thanks for the post. Luckily it looks like I won't be hitting a $100 fill up for a bit, but I do miss my Saturn...that got GREAT gas mileage lol
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    So glad I got rid of my 2006 explorer it was a gas guzzler. My 1st explorer wasn't like that. Loving my Nissan Altima even though its engine is basically a V6. Nissan just doesn't call it that. We'll see how I rate on gas. Half a tank was $38 for me the other day and gas was $3.79
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    2007 Chevy Colbalt was the best thing I ever did, I had a Chevy Tahoe...glad thats over our gas In Indy in now $4.17 a gallon :(
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    I filled up my Chevy Trailblazer yesterday. SEVENTY EIGHT BUCKS!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    GMC Sierra -V8
    Makes me want to cry every time I go to the pump.
This discussion has been closed.