Calories

Options
hmo4
hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
How many calories on average do you guys burn in a 60 min. cardio session, and 60 min.weight training session? I'm wondering if my HRM is wrong.

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    How many calories on average do you guys burn in a 60 min. cardio session, and 60 min.weight training session? I'm wondering if my HRM is wrong.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    im curios too!!!

i do 45 min treadmill jog/run and then 15 minutes weights/yoga stretches and my HRM says like 375-400.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I believe the answer is going to be different for everybody depending on your wieght , hieght and stuff like that.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i know it depends on height and such but it would be cool to see what other people are burning.

im 5'2" 140lb
    60 min exercise includes treadmill and weight/yoga stretches i burn 375-400
    90 min bike ride 600cal burned

any one else??
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    45 min cardio- walking brisk pace= about 260 cals burned
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Haha, I don't know if I should believe mine either; I wear it to the gym for two hours and it tells me I burn over 1000 calories. :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    here was my experiment.

Walked 2 miles, 15 minute mile, 275

Walked 2 miles, 15 minute mile, using my arms, no weights, bicep curls, tricep kick back, shoulder press, straight out to my sides....always moving my arms

Burned 450 calories.
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem. I don't have a heart rate monitor but the calories I burn are always different. Like today I was on the elliptical for 30 min and it said I burned 320 calories on the machine. Then when I entered the 30 min on the elliptical here it said I burned 574 calories. This is why i'm always hesitant on eating my exercise calories because I don't know what machines I should trust.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem. I don't have a heart rate monitor but the calories I burn are always different. Like today I was on the elliptical for 30 min and it said I burned 320 calories on the machine. Then when I entered the 30 min on the elliptical here it said I burned 574 calories. This is why i'm always hesitant on eating my exercise calories because I don't know what machines I should trust.

I would go with the ellip numbers. if you put in your weight it is likely more accurate.

Someone also mentioned that they deduct the calories they would have burned from just living.
    So if I burn 350 in 45 minutes, i reduce it by 75 calories. :flowerforyou:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    According to the two ellipticals I usually use at the gym, I can burn close to 800 calories in a hour sometimes. I love my long cardio days (usually one per week). I eat every calorie. :happy:
  • Mimiche
    Options
    I run 40 minutes on the treadmill on a slight incline and I usually run the whole time, so the machine says I burned about 400 calories, while the MFP excersize says about 320?
    Then I do alot of strength training and various toning techniques that I have picked up here and there :tongue: Yoga, Jillian's Shred, sit ups, pilates, ball excersizes, and I do that for about 30minutes and it says it only burns 60 calories??
    I'm at the gym usually an hour and a half and I'm burning off 460 calories?