Water Consumption

Options
I have a CRAZY question.....

I'm trying to consume the recommended amount of water per day.....my question is... is that eigh GLASSES, or eight CUPS?

Please let me know, because I might be drinking less than recommended AHHHHHH

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    cups
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    its cups... 8 oz
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I see this question posted a lot. Is "glasses" a unit of measurement outside of the US? Glasses are of all different sizes. The 8 recommended glasses refers to 8 cups, or 64 oz daily.
  • katers147
    katers147 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    it should be 64 ounces per day :)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I always assumed it was 8oz.
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Do you have a secret to getting to that? I can't seem to get there. At least I think I'm not. I can not drink 8, 8oz. glasses of water. I can drink like 4-6.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    A cup is 8 oz, and that's usually smaller than people realize. Most coffee mugs hold about 10 or 12 oz, while a tea cup is 8 oz.
  • Sierrasmommy
    Options
    I get a water bottle that has the ounces listed and then i refill it until i know Ive drinken teh 64 oz that are needed, but im a water hog and go way over, lol
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    Do you have a secret to getting to that? I can't seem to get there. At least I think I'm not. I can not drink 8, 8oz. glasses of water. I can drink like 4-6.

I normally don't hardly drink water. I have found that if I make myself drink 2 glasses at each meal it helps. Then I only have 2 more to drink throughout the day. It really does work. Now I drink more than 8 glasses without realizing it!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    It is in cups (measured U.S. cups) so 8 8 ounce glasses a day. Unless your health 'experts' tell you otherwise.

See your from Fenton. I'm in Ballwin/Wildwood.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options

I drink a bottle of water (16 oz) with every meal. 3 meals a day x 2 cups of water = 6 servings. Then you only need to sneak in another bottle or 2 cups which I usually drink way more than that at the gym. Good luck!
  • birdieandkenadi05
    birdieandkenadi05 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I purchased a 3 liter jug and I fill it up everyday with water from my Brita filter. I try to have it drank by clock out time at work (5pm for me). I re-fill it half way and take it to the gym and sip on it till bedtime. I also realized that I can drank room temp water faster then cold water. This has been working for me for the last 4 weeks and has tripled my water intake! Good luck!! DOnt forget to count your tea if you drink it also!! Lately I been getting up to 20 8 oz servings a day!!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Oh goodness I drink 15-20 cups a day (120-160 oz). No trouble at all. I just like water. Have you tried MIO? You add it to your water for some flavor. Comes in all sorts. No calories. No sugar.
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    if you are having a hard time drinking water because you dont like the taste or blandness i would say have a half of a crystal light on the go packet, They are usually about 5 calories for half. Thats how i started and now i drink about 10-12 glasses a day of just plain water.
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    just so you know 8 glasses is usually the recommended amount for a sedentary person, if you are active you need more to prevent dehydration. also a good rule of thumb is if your urine in very yellow, you have not had enough. but here is an article form the mayo clinic that should help

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283/NSECTIONGROUP=2
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I only drink water, so the taste isn't the problem. I can not drink any while I am jogging or walking as I have a small bladder or something. I will try some of your suggestions and see how I do. Thanks for all of your help and feel free to add me as a friend as I love to meet new people and help support your weight loss.