How do I calculate....

Options
ok, my question is, I walk a lot at work from 8am-4:30. I bought a pedometer and found I walk 5 miles a day alone at work. I know when you start your profile, you select what your job status is like nursing or waitress...does this program calculate those calories, or should I put in my miles for walking even if it's at 2.0 over an 8 hour period? I burn 500 calories a day doing the walking alone according to my awesome pedometer/hrt rate monitor/calorie counter/mile counter. It is pretty accurate too! I went jogging and know the distance to the track and it matched up to my pedometer!

Replies

• SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You should set it up properly in your profile and your daily calorie allowance will take it into effect. I would say you are probably "active" if you are getting that much in.

Please note, if you set it up in your profile that way - do NOT log it as exercise. You'd be double-logging!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You should set it up properly in your profile and your daily calorie allowance will take it into effect. I would say you are probably "active" if you are getting that much in.

Please note, if you set it up in your profile that way - do NOT log it as exercise. You'd be double-logging!

Agreed
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Ditto, don't re-log, I see that alot and I worry they will be over eating if they chose to eat back their calories.

Only exercise is logged as exercise, not work, shopping or cleaning.

Good Luck, we know you can do it!
  • Jmartinturner
    Jmartinturner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the fast response! I am trying to make sure I am doing all this as accurately as possible to get the best results!