HELP NEWW TO THISS !!

Options
i am really enjoying this way of dieting however i am finding it difficult as not all calories of specific foods match the products i.e i had a mcdonalds saladplus crispy chicken and bacon salad on the box it says 270 calories and on my phone it saying 325!! incorrect information will only affect my weight loss!! how is everyone else finding it?? am i the only one who finding it odd!!??

Replies

• dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there's some conflicting information out there. If you can get it from the source (like the McDonald's website) it's better.
  • TWMangrove
    Options
    First off: welcome!

Occasionally you will come across incorrect food entries; it happens. The solution to this would be to go ahead and make a new entry yourself, with all the correct info from the nutrition label.

On a more conspiratorial note, I have heard that certain restaurants tend to under-report the amount of calories in their food, or get "creative" with how they calculate things, so be warned there. Plus, McDonald's (and other fast food places) put sugar into their salads, as an FYI. :)
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There are often multiple entries for the same item, sometimes with subtle differences or expectations (grilled vs fried chicken, with or without salad dressing and crutons, etc.)

If the description isn't clear, or I don't believe it...I find the company websites or food packaging will often have the correct information--or I go with the higher one.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Check their website, I see a salad w/Crispy Chicken and Bacon that is 370 and that DOES NOT include the dressing.

Try grilled chicken and no bacon, and only half of the Vinegrette dressing. Or make one at home if possible.

Good luck!
  • rinitafitz
    Options
    Also, It you know the exact calories, you can put it in yourself. When I ate a subway sub, I looked up their information on their sight and entered it in the database. That way I was getting the exact calories and all.
  • stephaniemayy
    Options
    hey thanks! yeah i did have dressing an that came in at 59calories i added that too.
    im strugglin with this already lol as with the excersising stuff im constantly on the move cuz of my job and no i dont go to the gym as i dont want to lose loadss just a bit. i have 330 calories remaining an now i have entered the estimated amount of walkin ive done i have over a 1000!! i feel this is not going to get me anywhere and do any of you recommend just going off calories with food intake an not excersise xx