Why cant I be normal? Haha

Options
Soooo for the last few months my skin has just been getting worse and worse, no matter what I do. I feel like a teenager again. Dr said it's cause I upped my water intake its pushing mire oils and grossness out and it's a phase, yeah, ok, EWWWW fine I'll deal.

Then today? The mole on my face just falls off after washing it. Really? That can't be normal!!!!?!?!?!

I swear! Well I tell my husband and his response? Ready for this?

"Well hun I googled it and it says:: q: I had a mole just fall off, normal? A:: no, it's a sign that kirstin is dying. Good thing I have life insurance on you"

Hahaaaa real funny! *kitten* ;)

Replies

• monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My skin has also started to break out! I wondered what the hell was going on!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    My skin has been HORRIBLE since I started eating better and working out. I don't get it at all. I've tried every acne medication there is and it is a constant struggle. I actually wrote a blog about this the other day. I look like a teenager right now. I've always had nearly flawless skin and now it is a hot mess. Eat better, work out -- have horrible skin? What the heck?! I've been on this journey for a long time, so "Oh, it's just because it is something new and it'll work itself out" isn't cutting it for me anymore.

Tanning does help, but I hate to tan all the time since I know THAT isn't good for my skin!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I've started breaking out in places that I've been sweating. My face, chest, back... it's quite gross. It's not a lot but it's odd for me because most of my life I've been fortunate enough not to have to deal with icky skin. I think it's because I've been sweating more than normal due to exercise. Hopefully it goes away
  • jgeiszler
    Options
    Weird, my face has also started breaking out. Not huge pimples, more like little bumps. Wonder if it's related to my water intake as well? Never heard of that though...I was always told that eating UNHEALTHY would cause breakouts! Of course, I never had a problem while I was eating unhealthy, lol.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    YES! Mine are weird bumps sometimes.. not really pimples, but bumpy things.

I have to tell all of you -- I am SOOOO glad to know I'm not alone in this battle! Thanks to the OP for posting this. I feel so much better. It doesn't clear up my skin, but I was starting to wonder if something was wrong with me.
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been getting those too! Not pimples but almost like they're under the top layer of the skin. Mostly it happens around TOM for me though so I'm hoping it'll go away soon. Also, I've switched to an alcohol-free cleanser and that seems to help.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I go through it in spurts. Like every 20lbs then it gies away and my skin us better tha n ever than bam. It takes a long time to wash out all the oil in the fat under your skin from years of crappy food! He said even people on a strict water only fast take 30-60 days to flush most of it out. Soooo yeah. Its annoying! But I'm glad it's not just me.

But I am alone in the lost a mole club haha
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have had the same problem, broke out like crazy when I first started. Drinking more water helps, but the more I work out like eeekie said, I break out where I sweat. I guess I just have lots of icky toxins that are coming out now.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    "Well hun I googled it and it says:: q: I had a mole just fall off, normal? A:: no, it's a sign that kirstin is dying. Good thing I have life insurance on you"
    Your husband rocks.
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Toxins that are not flushed out through the digestive tract or the skin are stored in our fat cells. As we burn the fat cells the toxins are being released for our bodies to attempt to eliminate them once and for all.

It's not attractive at the time but it is a good thing. It is a sign that your body is doing what it's supposed to do.

I am going through the same thing and the best thing I have figured out is to exfoliate when I can and (I prefer to) use oils (like avacado) for moisture rather than lotions with all the different chemicals.

This to will pass.

5465113.png
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I've started breaking out in places that I've been sweating. My face, chest, back... it's quite gross. It's not a lot but it's odd for me because most of my life I've been fortunate enough not to have to deal with icky skin. I think it's because I've been sweating more than normal due to exercise. Hopefully it goes away

exact same thing happened to me. bar soap and hope is all i can do. and shower immediately after working out.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    But I am alone in the lost a mole club haha

I shaved a mole off once....Does that count?
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Your husband rocks.

I have to say I agree with jester on this one - your husband made me laugh.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Your husband rocks.

I have to say I agree with jester on this one - your husband made me laugh.

we are the smartass couple of the year, i feel bad for our son hahahaa