Qustion for the tanners

Options
FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
i didnt know where to put this and this catagory sounded vague so why not here.

Anyway my gym offers tanning as an option with my membership i am thinking of switching from one i have to tanning (though there is an extra charge for it)
my question is there ways of not getting it on your face.

Replies

• marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    cover your face with a towel.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Toss a towel over it
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    bring a towel and put it over your face :) it should work
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can thow a light towel over your face while laying down. Or some have face tanners you can turn off...
  • krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I know of friends who put a towel over their face. It doesn't fully block it but it helps them some.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Towels only block about 30% of rays. You can still burn the delicate skin on your face with a towel. If it is a better bed, it will have a face tanner that you can turn off. If you can't turn the face tanner off, put sunscreen on your face AND a towel, it will be better than just a towel!
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm such an idiot sometimes...I clicked on this thread because I have a son named Tanner and wanted to see what you would need his opinion on. I am totally ROFL at myself!
  • alibslim
    alibslim Posts: 16
    Options
    In all my years of using tanning beds, I have found the only way is to use a hand towel. I suggest leaving it off for just a few min. so you are getting a little color and then covering it up. But I have found in my area that a spray on tan is the best way to go!
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    Same with what everyone said...put a towel on your face, but what is going to suck is when your body is tan and your face is white :frown: :frown:

what i do..i tan my body for 9 mins than do my face for 3 mins so it will not make me so burned! :)
  • afatkidscake
    Options
    I have worked at a tanning bed for many years. A towel will help your face not get tanned but it will not protect your face from the UVB/UVA rays. Some tanning salons or I know you can find them online make specific towels/mask to put over your face. If you are just worrying about tanning your face a towel will work but if you are trying to actual protect it then you need to look else where!
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm such an idiot sometimes...I clicked on this thread because I have a son named Tanner and wanted to see what you would need his opinion on. I am totally ROFL at myself!

That is hilarious!
  • GingerIJones
    GingerIJones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also put a lined in terry/plastic shower type cap to protect my hair from fading.
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    SPF 50 and a towel maybe??? I go tanning and in the tanning beds I use they have a facial section so when I want I just turn off the facial part.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I have worked at a tanning bed for many years. A towel will help your face not get tanned but it will not protect your face from the UVB/UVA rays. Some tanning salons or I know you can find them online make specific towels/mask to put over your face. If you are just worrying about tanning your face a towel will work but if you are trying to actual protect it then you need to look else where!

might look into that, its so much not wanting my face tanned , but well i do not at this point look anywhere near my age, and frankly i dont want to.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I thought they were talking about tanning hides.