I need lunch ideas.

Options
Hey guys! I need some cheap, easy lunch ideas. I am really getting sick of eating salad everyday!!!

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Homemade sandwiches, just watch the amount of meat used, no cheese and if using mayo, watch how much you use so it is logged correctly. I have w/no sugar added or fresh fruit and a veggie. Cottage cheese also great protein for lunch or a snack.

Wraps also great for lunch, can be made with greek yogurt, another great source of protein.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What I do at work is stock up on lean cusines for the week so I am never without something, if the mood strikes for something fresh, I will go to the Publix down the street from my building and pick up veggies, salad and pita pockets and make a nice lunch and its not that expensive!!
    Whats nice is that I can hold everything in my office, we have a fridge to hold all our lunch foods.
  • operadiva222
    Options
    Try making some quinoa!! I make a batch on Sunday, throw in some black beans, veggies, feta, and make great lunch time burritoes. Or, I eat it plain and warmed up. SO filling. Crackers and cheese are also one of my 'easy meals.' I'm also a fan of making a tuna 'salad' with dill relish, olive oil mayo, feta cheese and a little curry powder. I either it it with crackers or with 100 cal oroweat sandwich thins. Hope that helps a little. I'm also looking for ideas - great question!
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    Half a can of tuna packed in water, 2 cups of shredded lettuce, 1/4 cup diced celery, 1/8 cup diced onion, 1/8 cup minced parsley, 1 Tbsp mayonaise.

1 thin bagel (Handi Foods makes 100 calorie bagels), 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice light Havarti cheese, minced onion, 1/2 Tbsp mayo

Homemade soup made with low or no sodium broth

Baked tortilla chips, light medium cheddar cheese, salsa (extra water)

Homemade granola and Greek yogurt

Quinoa salad:
    Found this one I can't wait to try http://www.whatscookingtv.com/mediteranean-quinoa-salad/?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbecaen-_-20110427-_-1143

In the end the best way to get ideas is to read your friends' diaries :) Good luck!
  • JRB1965
    JRB1965 Posts: 15
    Options
    I just had a Healthy Choice Fresh Mixer - Creamy Roasted Garlic Chicken (310 cal, 6g fat, 600mg sodium {a little high, where is my water}, 6g fiber, 15 protein) Thought it would be a convenient way to have lunch for $2.50
  • tonedover
    tonedover Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Turkey, turkey, turkey
    Hummus! (Margaritaville Brand is really good )
    Fiber Wheat Thins
    Baby Carrots,
    Celery
    Homemade trail mix with almonds, walnuts, raisins, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and maybe a very small number of m+ms
    Laughing Cow Light if you really want cheese substitute
    Oscar Mayer Fat Free Bologna
    1 piece of bread peanut butter sandwich ( no jelly! )
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    Keep boiled eggs around for protein. also raw veggies that you like to eat whole, whole fruits, other low fat proteins... like tuna, or any fish u like, they are super fast to pan griddle... olive oil if u must... low carb bread sandwiches... skip the mayo... and monitor your servings of the meat & cheese... eat an ounce of block cheese w an apple... margarita pizza, one serving of the pizza.. with a salad, or veggies whole... I bake a bunch of chicken wings & legs & freeze them in individual pks, then throw them in the oven for like 10 min straight from the freezer... easy protein!

pre-cooking & packaging in small meals & freezing is a great way to have your lunch your way!

YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT! just monitor your portions and journal them! keep track of your calories & monitor the things that are important to you... low sugar/carb enough protein to pull u through your workouts & recoveries...
  • livingnow28
    livingnow28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea i'm going to try that :)
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bento boxes -- bascially any flat tupperware box can be used. Fill it with fresh food, that gives you plenty of choices/tastes/textures and is lovely to look at.

Like say, 3 strawberries, slices of melon, a hardboiled egg, whole wheat pretzel sticks, slices of low-fat cheese and .

Google 'bento-lunches' to see plenty of blogs & examples of these colorful, flavorful and healthy lunches!
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread :D My favorite: A half cup each of brown rice, broccoli, and black beans, tossed with a tablespoon of reduced sodium soy sauce. Super yummy, only about 250 calories, and very filling.
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    What I do at work is stock up on lean cusines for the week so I am never without something

I stock up on these too...Lean Cuisines & healthy Choice...Keep and eye out at your grocery store. They ususally have them 5 for $10 and then you can find coupons on Sunday. You get them for next to NOTHING!!
  • tkroeker
    tkroeker Posts: 19
    Options
    What I personally swear by is a whole tin of tuna with 2 tbsp. of light mayo, some chopped up red pepper, chopped up onion greens, and chopped up cucumber. Sooo good, high in protein, low in calorie and filling! The only thing "wrong" with it is the mayo...but I found that I can't win the battle of a super awesome lunch that has NOTHING "wrong" with it!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I am at a loss for lunch ideas also, I have work and or school all week.

One of my favorites it
    La Tortilla Factory 100 calorie wheat tortilla
    1 TBSP Sunflower Seed butter (Trader Joe's)
    1 TBSP Strawberry Perserves

I also switch it up by using Trader Joe's 1 ingredient Peanut Butter

The whole thing is about 200 calories.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Cheap and filling due to protein content, PB& J - less than 375 cals with 2 tbsp pb and 1 tbsp sugar-free jam.

I started eating these recently to bump up my fat count which was way too low, average of 10g a day now 25. I bought Kraft Natural PB but considering natural brands are hard to spread and the Kraft 25% reduced fat is only 40mg sodium per tbsp and 10 less cals I’m switching back when the jar is done.
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    bump!