should I use diet pills?

Options
I've been told that they are really bad for you and I don't want to just take a bunch of pills to lose weight, but I'm hoping for a little help. Anyone have any thing to say good or bad about them?

Replies

• AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    No.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I've never used them, but have heard over and over that they are a temporary fix. Unless you're going to continue taking them the rest of your life, you will regain once you stop taking them.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My bf has tried a whole bunch of them. Last year he had one and he lost a TON of weight. He then found out that they stopped sellng them bc it had that drug in them that is illegal. I HATE when he takes them. He gets all jittery. He loves them and our fights are usually over him taking them or not. He would take them after 6pm and be up all night. Now he takes them early in the morning and goes to work, so I dont have to see the jitterness. If I were u, I wouldnt take them.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Garbage. Don't take the easy way out - lots of complications and you'll have to be on them forever to keep the weight off. Just work hard the old fashioned way!
  • lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I do not recommend taking diet pills, most of these pills can effect your heart due to all the stimulants, I know we'd all love a quick and easy solution to losing weight but there's a price to pay when you follow crash diets or use diet pills, you compromise your health and what happens when you stop? You tend to gain the weight back. Good ol' fashion excerise and a proper diet is the best route to take, good luck to you on your weight lost journey
  • mmw82
    mmw82 Posts: 2
    Options
    I had a doctor prescribe me phentermine a few years ago. It made me feel really funny though and helped cut my cravings down a bit. I stopped taking it though because it was making me feel weird and I found that the best way to cut cravings is to do it yourself without the aid of any pills. I know everyone is looking for a little extra help but pills don't help the psychological problems of maintaining portion sizes. It just tricks your body into feeling full. This is just my opinion though, take it for what it is worth.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Your answer is in the first sentence of your question!

Eat healthy, non-processed foods, drink water and exercise, the weight will come off.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. He is working out and eating healthy so I would rather see him do that. If u decide on taking them, please work out and eat correctly. The pills are not a fix.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    No. The only help you need is self motivation, determination and the will to see your goal reached. We are here to support you in your efforts.

If you need help with meal ideas and/or exercise regimens just ask. You will definitely get the info you need.

Best wishes.
  • zoecas2125
    zoecas2125 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can always go to a Weight Loss Doctor. My Doctor prescribes me Weight Loss pills that are FDC approved. I also have check in with him once a month so I can see my progress and make sure I''m healthy and ok. The only way I can get a refill is with a visit to his office.
  • artvandalay
    Options
    No. don't take them. They don't teach you anything. You will gain once you go off of them. Agree with whoever said they are garbage.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I vote no. I don't believe people need diet pills to lose weight. Losing weight takes time and dedication. Doing things the healthy way will leave you with no regrets, using diet pills.....might. *shrug*

Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • tiffanymariebrock
    Options
    thank you everyone! no pills got it :-) so thankful for this message board! i could have made a bit mistake!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's not recommended as you may or may not have heard...

w220184393.jpg
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'll admit to having used them before & they did absolutely nothing for me. One pill even made me gain. I've had MUCH better results since not using them. I've heard people say they've made them lose weight but for me they did nada. And I've tried a few different pills. Waste of money.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, no, no! They are TERRIBLE little things. They screw up your body so bad it's ridiculous!

Thousands of mllions of people have lost weight with healthy eating and exercise, so it must work, right!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    NO.
    not only can they cause OTHER health problems ***** (even if they are FDA approved), they are not the way to go. even IF they work (most do not), it's not a lifestyle change or the healthiest way to go. plain diet and exercise is the way to go.

along with causing other health problems, i also know some people who taking diet pills have changed their brain chemistry for LIFE.
  • Tyscheff
    Tyscheff Posts: 21
    Options
    Never. They are so unhealthy! Plus, about 90% of the people who took those diet pills will regain back their weight (plus some) within 5 years after taking the medication
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    Well said, Lesley!!!!