I'm proud of myself today because.....

Options
Hi everyone! I've used this site off and on for the last few years... and I'm finally "on" again! Graduating college and ready to start a new chapter of my life and hoping to make it a healthy one! I just wanted to start a thread where we could all brag about our successes throughout the day. I tend to keep myself more accountable when I have a place I can go to and share my triumphs, so I hope you all can take advantage of this too. So, feel free to answer my question.... Why are YOU proud of yourself today?:smile:

Replies

• thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I had a VERY proud moment today when I went to Olive Garden for lunch and ONLY had the Pasta e Fagioli soup and the Venetian Apricot Chicken. No breadstick. No salad. No chocolate mint! It's a small victory, but the self-control that was exhibited was immense!
  • bonnie1512
    bonnie1512 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    because I reached my goal and so happy with myself as people now commenting on how great i look :). Doing the wii fitness every day and it is giving me focus and what i really want to achieve. That is my first goal reached. Next goal is to loose another 4 lb and will be happy to get to that. Good luck everyone xx
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    today i tried on a pair of jeans that are one size smaller than i wore yesterday same style and they FIT!! woohoo!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I am VERY proud of myself today because I am sick as a dog but I got up at 5:45a and did my C25K run. :sick:
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    through losing some weight I have gained more confidence.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    After checking the weather this morning and seeing that there would be a 10 mph headwind on my entire ride, I still got on my bike and rode the 10 miles to work. I was awfully tempted to drive but remembered how good it is for me to get that extra exercise.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I had a VERY proud moment today when I went to Olive Garden for lunch and ONLY had the Pasta e Fagioli soup and the Venetian Apricot Chicken. No breadstick. No salad. No chocolate mint! It's a small victory, but the self-control that was exhibited was immense!

That's SO hard to do! I applaud you! I sometimes go with my friend (who is also on the weight loss train) and we ask the waiter to not bring bread at all....that makes it easier. HOWEVER, my husband loves the bread and usually goes through a couple baskets by himself...then they are there tempting me =\ I usually just break off a little piece and get my fix =)
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I'm proud of myself today because, I have made a commitment and I intend to stick with it. No more excuses.
    "if we defend our habits we have no intentions of quitting them"
    And I can finally admit that I was weak (body and mind) and unhealthy.
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    I do not feel guilty anymore about taking time away from the family to focus on me and exercise
  • atachauer
    atachauer Posts: 28
    Options
    I cycled to work and back for the first time. Depending on how sore my legs are, I may be doing it tomorrow too.
    I got to work feeling fresh and wide awake this morning. I managed 4 miles in 23 mins......that was a bit too fast, but I paid for it later as the journey home hurt A LOT!!!! And also took about twice as long- I almost gave up to walk the bike home, and i thought about locking my bike up and getting the bus the rest of the way but i persevered!

Well done to the rest of you- this is a motivating message board, looking forward to hearing more achievements :-)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud because even though my scale is up from yesterday, I am not letting it get me down. I have several days until weigh in and I feel okay with it!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    I am proud of myself today because.......I HAVE REGAINED MY CONFIDENCE!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I ma pround o fmyself today b/c i am not all grumpy about not closign on my house. i am also proud that my eatign has been in check all day even though I am super stressed.
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud because even though my scale is up from yesterday, I am not letting it get me down. I have several days until weigh in and I feel okay with it!

I'm proud of you too!!!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

That's SO hard to do! I applaud you! I sometimes go with my friend (who is also on the weight loss train) and we ask the waiter to not bring bread at all....that makes it easier. HOWEVER, my husband loves the bread and usually goes through a couple baskets by himself...then they are there tempting me =\ I usually just break off a little piece and get my fix =)

Can you believe that ONE breadstick is 150 calories??? Not to mention the fat, sodium, and carbs! ICK!!!
  • troythegeek
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself because I'm going to go buy some new pants. I wasn't going to this early on, but it is getting dangerously close to accidently mooning people and nobody needs that.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

Can you believe that ONE breadstick is 150 calories??? Not to mention the fat, sodium, and carbs! ICK!!!

I know it; so ridiculas! But SO delicious...still not worth it
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I had a healthy breakfast today....an actual breakfast and not just most of a pot of coffee ( only two cups yay, big step down for me!). I also ordered the 30 Day Shred today.
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    I got up this morning and made it to BodyPump at my gym and then did my 5K training right after! I'm physically exhausted (yay for nap time!) but I feel really good :)
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself today because...
    I haven't touch the Cabury Eggs that are giving me the eye from across my desk!
    But most importantly, it's been 32 days since my last cigarette!!