I can lose and I can gain but what if that is all!?

Options
Having lost a lot of weight I am worried about gaining it back, I have already to a certain extent! I lost 111lbs and then got complaicent with people telling me I was too thin or thin enough and ended up gaining 30lbs back! Now I am losing again and have 18lbs to go until my new goal (which is 11lbs lower than I got last time) I am worried about gaining when I hit the maintain stage again! I know I can do it in theory but I am so good at losing and gaining what if I suck at everything inbetween?

Replies

• SakanaUshi
    Options
    I'd remember to find a new goal once you reach your goal weight. The concept of "maintenance" can be dangerous if you get complacent. Maybe work on your muscle tone?
  • Vmsunderland
    Options
    You need to not focus on what people say, being 130 is not "too thin" you want to know what you're to thin at 130 0r 120 is? It means "you look better ot thinner than me and I don't like it" think about it.... a person who is 5'6 goal weight should be 120 to 130 so unless you're taller than that...
    and also... maintaining is the hardest part of the healthy lifestyle
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Look @ it this way...you have maintained over an 80# weight loss. You had a bump in the road, but you are back on track. I am going through the same thing right now. I lost about 70#, but gained about 20# back. But it doesn't take away that I have maintained a 50# loss for 3 years now!! That is the hardest part!!
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    You can change your goal on MFP to maintaining. Use MFP to help you.
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to negativity. A few years back I was working out and losing weight with Tae Bo. Well, my family kept making comments about how I was widdleing away (don't even know what that means) and how I looked anorexic. IDK why that would be said, everyone see how much I can/will eat. I wasn't even on a diet, I was out of a job at the time and so I was working out a lot at home. Needless to say, I gained it all back PLUS. I told myself not to listen to anymore little comments. I din't blame anyone for gaining it back, I did that, but I will say comments like that made me think well I guess I should eat a lot to show them! lmao