are you feeling the benefits of a really healthy diet?

Options
I don't think I was eating a bad diet before, but since joining mfp I have really tried to eat as healthy a diet as I can manage, and after 10 days, I have to say say I'm feeling fantastic!!! I can't remember when I had this much energy, some of my general aches and pains have decreased and I feel great! Is anyone else feeling the benefits of their new healthier diet?:happy:

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yes, the change was almost immediate and I'm going on a couple of years now of eating right.
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    this may be too much tmi, but since i have been eating healthy i have had hardly any gas, and when i do have a day where i ruin my diet and eat junk i can tell it the next day with some hellacious gas. sorry if it was tmi
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My skin is better.
    I can wake up at 4:20am and go go go till 9pm.
    I sleep better.
    The increased protein has improved my hair.
    Overall better well being.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice how good I felt until I slipped and gorged on a bunch of chips one day. I actually started sweating and felt ill!
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize the difference until I was working the snack stand for my sons baseball team and was starving, so I ate some fried foods and felt sick from the nasty oil...
  • jessers26
    jessers26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I had no idea how bad my diet was before I decided to change it. Feeling like a million bucks now.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. The overall benefits, along with medical conditions that went away, as soon as I made the lifestyle change were felt. It was almost immediate.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA!!! Thumbs up on this!!! You'er just saying what others go through, just don't say it.

EDIT* This was for Mangos4music
  • ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    I don't think I was eating a bad diet before, but since joining mfp I have really tried to eat as healthy a diet as I can manage, and after 10 days, I have to say say I'm feeling fantastic!!! I can't remember when I had this much energy, some of my general aches and pains have decreased and I feel great! Is anyone else feeling the benefits of their new healthier diet?:happy:

Thats AWEEOME!!

I was surprised on the complete change I had - meaning I went from having to take pepcid every night to sleep to.. nothing.. no stomache problems period.. along with the energy etc..

Just never knew how bad all the Sh%@ I was eating and what it really did to me..
  • sojojoshua
    Options
    O yes.... I have so much of energy... can wake up really early without an alarm...and sleep late... and the best thing is... well, Iam a chocolate addict, I can always finish 2 bars of chocolate in 10 to 15 minutes... but now, I dont even need it... but today my son forced me and all I could eat was 2 squares... Iam happy!!!!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Such a difference! I was on so many medicines due to fatigue, including an iron supplement & B-vitamins, in addition to my multivitamin....now I just take my multivitamin every couple of days & I still feel amazing! The 20+ lbs gone doesn't hurt either! :-)
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I didn't notice how good I felt until I slipped and gorged on a bunch of chips one day. I actually started sweating and felt ill!

THIS! :-) And my skin got better when I started eating fish regularly.
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Both I and my g/f are feeling the benefits. I feel like a guy in his 20's again. I'm not as grouchy, don't snore anymore, and fidgety when I sit too long...

Diet and exercise are much better than a trip to the doc for meds and shots to regain that youthful energy.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Since changing my habits, I haven't had my allergies act. Only had a couple of hours bat one time. I haven't even had to take any allergy medicine...
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    I just mentioned to my daughter last night while we were running errands how it used to seem like such a huge chore to do ANYthing after work and now I go to the gym most days, and then have tons of energy to run around and still do stuff when I get home.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I never ate badly anyway, so not really. I do really feel the benefit of doing more exercise, I feel bouncy and like I have real energy. I know I can run for miles if I need to.
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    Yes, very much so.

I am a long time vegetarian and pretty knowledgeable about food choices, so I wasn't a terrible eater before, but I definitely was too high in dairy fat and sodium. Add the fact that I am lactose sensitive (I know, I know, trust me I feel foolish) which made me bloat and break out.

I am sure some of you are familiar with the rationalizations, "Oh, I eat pretty well, this chunk of Gorgonzola on my salad won't kill me. Or this mitt full of gluten-free pretzels. Or the extra raw Parmesan on my veggies. Or the organic sweet potato chips that are so salty they make your lips shrivel. Or...."

Now that I have greatly reduced those two elements and increased my RAW (or lightly cooked) vegetables, raw fruit, and whole grains I am a new woman!

Better skin and hair, healthier...er...bathroom experiences and a ton more sustained energy (not just rapid peaks followed by crashes).

Oops, almost forgot. I was also getting very little unadulterated water, but a lot of (unsweetened, but still) coffee and tea. Now I have reversed that and get about 16 eight ounce servings of water and 2-3 of coffee or tea. That has also helped immensely.

Here's to better health, everyone!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    feel it within a day..i know if i slip. My stomach lets me know :embarassed:
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. It actually took me a few days to swing back too.

Lesson learned. Not worth it!!!

M
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you all are benefiting from your healthier eating - thanks for all your imput!!