obsessed?

Options
Is anyone else completely obsessive about losing weight? it seems to be all i think about and idon't think its normal. I'm starting to feel like i can't concertrait and i also get really guilty if i feel like I've eaten to much. like today i went over my 1200 for the first time in ages and i know its not much but can't help feeling really guilty.

Is this normal? i know i should eat more each day as I'm tired and have head aches most days but with years of people saying that I'm fat so must eat to much (I've always eaten small amounts ) that its hard to change.

am i the only one feeling like this?

Replies

• Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    I am the same way, it consumes me and no it's not good, Im also talking to my therapist about this
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    No im the same way tooo...if i eat soemthing that I know was bad I feel HORRIBLE... and all I wanna do is excerise!
  • w769irs
    w769irs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    no i am with you.
    I try to eat very well now and feel guilty when i don't.

Also obsessed with the scale! The thing will not go down fast enough! Ha ha
  • littlered301
    littlered301 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I find when I'm watching what I'm eating, it's all I think about. What can I eat?, when do we eat again?

I'm like you and have headaches and I'm tired. I think it's choosing the right foods to get us through our day and not foods with empty calories, (naturally all the "good" stuff like chips, and muffins etc.).

Good luck. Stick to it and we all have days where we go over. Life is like that and not all plans are stuck to 100%.
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the scale. I used to freak out about the food & calories, but now I just work out more if I mess up!
  • srast
    srast Posts: 17
    Options
    I do too at times but I've been making myself take a day off once in a while and enjoy a fattening dinner with friends or whatnot. Coffee is a good headache preventative...fyi. I've grown up with migraines and it's one of the only things that can control them. Something to do with the caffeine. Luckily it's a no/low calorie treat :)
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You certainly are not alone... I fall under that category as well. If I miss a workout... I feel fat and guilty... if I eat too much or eat something that isn't really good for me then I feel guilty.
  • melt57
    melt57 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    All conversations with my husband start with "I know you're probably sick of hearing about my weight loss, but...." Fortunately, he is a great husband and supports my obsessiveness since it is leading to a healthier me. :) I probably think about weight loss/log into MFP/ or check my goal progress a few times an hour.... I am nervous about the panic that will ensue when I hit a plateau.
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    im the same way if i eat more than 1000 cal i feel like a cow.. and im expecting. it consumes my thoughts. but im so hungry all the time.. idk. its not healthy.
  • judyfurtado
    judyfurtado Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. My husband tells me I'm too obsessed with losing weight. I feel guilty if I don't exercise everyday.
  • bonnie1512
    bonnie1512 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    if I was you I would check what you have ate then when the headaches start - could be you are triggering them with something you eat - i cant eat alot of sugar as get headaches or chocolate. I do tend to check calories in all my foods and it too high in suger wont eat them.

Just that you feel that you are so determined to get to you goal that it is all that you are thinking of, but set yourself small goals, not like i need to get a stone off goal, but i want to get 6 lb off, then another etc.

Just dont be too hard on yourself, teach yourself that, and also focus on doing some exercises each day to give you more positive feelings

good luck xx
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have replaced my facebook addiction with MFP seriously. I dont beat myself over going over or having a rough day since I have it set for 1200 intake so if I go over by 100-300 I am not hurting too bad as long as I keep working hard.