I'm Practically At My Halfway Mark! (58lbs lost w/pics!)

Options
lilmisfit1987
lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
I was one of those people that didn't often have their picture taken, and when I did I didn't really examine it. I viewed myself as thinner than I was and had no idea I had gotten that lumpy. I was living in denial. It wasn't until I stepped on the scale at the beginning of January and saw 260 that I had some sense slapped into me. I started counting my calories on January 8th 2014. I wrote them down on paper. It was a pain in the *kitten*, lol. Thankfully one of my friends pointed me over to mfp. I've been happily logging ever since. I also do some light cardio and try to walk a lot, but I don't do too much else exercise...not just yet anyways. I don't log every day. There are days when I estimate and there are times when I fall off the wagon. I'm going to college for nursing and I'm a mother to a beautiful boy (who just turned 6 TODAY!), so I get distracted...but here I am almost exactly 10 months later at my half way mark (almost). I didn't want to post until after I had officially gotten to my half way mark but my husband pushed me not to obsess over two pounds. "You're there hunny! Share your story!" he said...so here I am. I hope it can offer someone else encouragement! You don't have to be perfect and it's ok if there are days when you falter. You don't have to starve yourself or cut out all the foods you love. You don't have to lift like a mad man or run a 5k. Start off slow, find what you enjoy, and stick with it the best that you can, but most importantly forgive yourself when you can't and try again.
*Edited to add I am 5'6" and I went from a size 20 pants to a size 14.
10monthcomparison.jpg

Replies

• dnscal123
    dnscal123 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look awesome! :)
  • pamcris
    pamcris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! :)
  • eburb
    eburb Posts: 1
    Options
    wow. inspiring.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing you look great
  • SammieDQ37
    Options
    You are doing great :smiley: keep up the wonderful work!! :wink:
  • oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Also, we have pretty similar stats- my halfway mark will be 58lbs, and I'm 5'7 so this is very inspirational :)
  • ptroses
    ptroses Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I know how you feel right now and it's a great feeling. Keep doing what your doing and know there will be plateaus, but if you keep your mind on the goal, you will get there! Woot, woot!!!
  • maleiajane
    maleiajane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - your investment in yourself will definitely pay off long term dividends that will certainly be appreciated by your little one and your husband!
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing. You look wonderful.
  • Komodo26
    Options
    You look awesome! Nice work!
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Great progress...keep up the great work!
  • nowolga
    nowolga Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a very supportive hubby. Keep it up! Thanks for the motivation! :smile:
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look great..well done..
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    WOW, great success story! You look wonderful, what a gift you are giving yourself -- AND your son: a healthy mom who is a good example!

You said all the things I need to hear over and over, like not being perfect or looking at this as "giving up" things that we enjoy, starting slow and most important, picking ourselves up again when we falter - thanks again for a very inspirational story!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]25436425.png[/url] you look great. Well done.

I also was in denial so I know where you are coming from. Keep up the very good work

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the above. I am still trying to figure this thing out. You look fantastic. Keep up the very good work.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]25436425.png[/url]

• SeanDelaney1966
    SeanDelaney1966 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good on you....a great inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!