Diet and exercise for my thick body type ...

Options
Hullo!
I'm 5"6 and 12st4 (and female), after putting on a lot of weight over the last few years. Made some positive changes to my lifestyle and beginning to see some results.
However - I've always had a thick body type, big hips and broad shoulders, and my legs have always been naturally quite muscly. Whilst I don't want to starve myself into wasting away (my goal is 9st6) and I understand that I can't change the shape of my body, does anyone have any tips on diet and/or exercise that, as I get slimmer and fitter, will maybe reduce this mass in my legs? I'm worried that the amount of running I'm doing with only make them bigger :(
Thanks!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    running wont make your legs bigger...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    With 40 lbs to go you should see big changes everywhere. Are your legs actually showing well defined muscles or are they just large ? Here's an example runner - Paula_Radcliffe_at_the_Berlin_Marathon_2011.jpg
  • ladydiesunddas1969
    Options
    Hi, don't worry about your legs getting bigger - at the moment they might be covered with "unnecessary tissue" but with the running they will build up muscle tissue and get difined - so dont worry ...... and RUN :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You wont build muscle in a calorie deficit and especially not while running. You may lose fat tissue and your legs will become more defined but running definitely wont make your legs become bulky.
  • paleowriter
    paleowriter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! very reassuring