Having a weak moment

Options
I just really want to sit and eat a big juicy burger and fries...with a coke. :( I've been doing so well, I'm just preoccupied with my fast food frenemy today.

Replies

• lizzie14115
    lizzie14115 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i went through something similar at the weekend, so i know how you feel. I came on here instead and it quickly turned around for me, and i didn't give in, weighed today and have lost, so how glad am i that i didn't do it!. Try to focus on your goal, buying a new dress size, feeling and looking better, you CAN do this. Theses days happen to us all, that's when we need to be more determined, and rely on support from our friends on here. X
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You can look at this two ways. If you're gonna eat something then beat yourself up over it and maybe snowball into a day of bad eating, chaos and world destruction then avoid it like the plague. Drink some water, go for a run [insert random distraction tactics].

OR you can look at it like real life. Will you never eat a burger again? No chocolate? No treats? Sometimes we crave something 'bad' and I see no problem with satisying that craving. When it's over move on, back to eating healthy and exercising right.

I always find as soon as I deny myself something I just want it more. So for me it's all about moderation.
  • caimay149
    caimay149 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I completely agree, and I've found ways of incorporating stuff I like into my diet, like the small tubs of Ben and Jerry's (300 calories), 60 cal bags of popcorn, mini bags of haribo, so I still can enjoy the stuff I like just not in the quantities I used to.

However, fast food doesn't work that way for me. I start to get kind of addicted to it, that and soda, both of which I've given up since I started this journey.

Maybe I need to make something at home that tricks me into thinking I'm eating it lol....turkey burger and potato wedges or something.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If you want a burger and fries fit it into your day. When you start telling yourself you can't have something typically it makes you want it that much more. There's no need to overly restrict what you eat but how much you eat.

I've lost a lot of weight while still enjoying all the foods I like, ice cream almost daily, burgers, pizza, mixed in with lots of chicken, veggies, fruits. It can all be part of an overall well balanced diet.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I want to eat ALL the food. Everywhere. ugh....
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Argh, I know how you feel! I'm having a major hungry day today! I have decided to blame the weather. It's possibly the first Autumn/Winter day after summer and I want happy food. I am thinking I might find a skinny chunky soup with toast and see if it works as a substitute. Maybe it might be worth finding a low(er) cal substitute? maybe a turkey burger or something? I know it won't be the same ... :(
  • caimay149
    Options
    Yeah, I guess these days are just inevitable! However, I told myself that this time, I will gradually train myself to be someone who CHOOSES not to eat that junk. I don't want to just count calories of unhealthy food - been there before and it didn't work long-term. So I went for a walk, got a coffee, and decided that I am going to focus on my next healthy change. I'm now eating a sandwich and the burger has stopped appealing to me. I think I may have just been hungry. Haha.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    A&W teen burger= 400 calories
    Coke Zero = 0 calories
    Yam fries = exact number of calories depends on amount, how they are made, etc. I vote buy a yam and bake them at home.

TOTAL = TOOOTALLY DOABLE!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sorry, just saw your last post, yaaaay will power!
  • caimay149
    Options
    Haha, it's okay, it's good to know it can be done. I'm going to experiment with a turkey burger, maybe with a slice of melted cheese, and some sweet potato fries - I'm sure it will taste good!