Kinda lame but

Options
ace175
ace175 Posts: 518 Member
today after I had already gone on the elliptical and did weights, I was going to leave, then noticed there wasn't anyone on the treadmills...so I decided to give it a try. I usually stay away from these and I've never been a runner. Today, I finally did some running! I started off walking, then ran, then did some fast walking, ran again, and so on. For a whole 16 minutes! I know there's a lot of people on here that are amazing runners, but this is a huge accomplishment for me!! My legs/feet are sore now, but it was so worth it!! Can't wait to continue!!!! :)

Replies

• Ballmom22
    Ballmom22 Posts: 27
    Options
    I think that is wonderful, I too try stay away from treadmills and am NOT a runner so I think that is great!!! Yay for switching it up and trying something new!!!!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's fantastic! You did a great (and might I say effective) interval workout! W2G!:smile:
  • brandilea_willoughby
    Options
    This is not lame at all :) Non scale victories cannot be over-emphasized. You keep up the good work!
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Not lame at all! If you really want to surprise yourself, try the "Couch to 5K" running program (just Google it). You (like me and thousands of others) will be amazed at how much you can progress as a runner, and how enjoyable it can be.
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!! Good for you. When I started on the treadmill, I did steady walking for a month. That got boring so then what I started to do was 7 minutes of walking and 1 minute of running intervals, brought it down after a few weeks to 6 and 1, and then 5 and 1. I swear thats how I lost the first 15 lbs. (so in a 30 minute treadmill routine, you'd do 7 walk, 1 run, 7 walk, 1 run. etc. and bring it down when you're comfy enough to do it. ) Apparently, I'm told thats how Oprah does it. I hate running but can handle it for a minute at a time. :)
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. thanks for sharing.
    It's those little victories that keep us motivated.

WTG!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    today after I had already gone on the elliptical and did weights, I was going to leave, then noticed there wasn't anyone on the treadmills...so I decided to give it a try. I usually stay away from these and I've never been a runner. Today, I finally did some running! I started off walking, then ran, then did some fast walking, ran again, and so on. For a whole 16 minutes! I know there's a lot of people on here that are amazing runners, but this is a huge accomplishment for me!! My legs/feet are sore now, but it was so worth it!! Can't wait to continue!!!! :)

That's an awesome accomplishment :)
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    That is so NOT LAME! Good for you :)
    You can build up to whatever level of jogging/running that you are comfortable with...you can do it!
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    congrats! Trust me, it takes a lot to get on the tread mill! I'm still afraid of them (x
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That's not lame! That's wonderful!!!! You should be so proud of yourself! Maybe you can become a "runner"... accomplishing something you never imagined yourself doing!
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    Great job! It's the best feeling when you try something new and find out you actually like it :) I did that with spinning earlier this week, I've always been intimidated by it (not sure why) but yesterday I got the up the courage to give it a shot. While I couldn't do EVERYTHING the instructor said I kept goin and stayed through the entire class! Can't wait for next week :) Good luck with your running! 16minutes is a great starting point!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful keep it up girl!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    definately check out C25k... it really works.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! That's not lame, thats an accomplishment. Everyone starts somewhere!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am not a runner either, so when I do run I feel like I accomplished something.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Woot!!! Great job!!!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Nice! I also hate running - well I assume I hate it but I never do it except in small bursts outside every few months. Grats on your accomplishment :) Not being a runner I know how that might feel to be able to do it! - I think I'm more worried about my fat and boobs bouncing around. Haha
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Not lame at all sweets! After I finish my cardio (StairMaster, Cybex or Elliptical) I always do 10-20 minutes on the treadmill of running/fast walking intervals. That's actually a really good addition to your cardio workout! WTG!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!