They say motivation is key...

Options
I am seriously lacking motivation these days. I was going strong one minute and then my birthday, a trip to see a Cubs game, and Easter happened all in one week and now I can't seem to get my rhythm back. So my question to you all is...How do you stay motivated? I need to get back in the game, but I just don't feel like it and that is unacceptable to me. Help!

Replies

• charvey333
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to make yourself do it for a few days and it will all start to come back to you. Yesterday I tossed all of the left over Easter goodies, I had to, they were calling my name and I wanted to give in so bad. I was sitting on the couch eating my third piece of chocolate and then it hit me... this is why you got fat in the first place, so I had to throw it all away. I am feeling much better about it today.
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Here are some tips in general for fitness that I´ve tried: www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/30tips
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I saw my best friend a few weeks ago and she looked amazing. She has always been bigger than me and now she is a lot smaller. So I got all her tips and food ideas and I have her to hold me very accountable. I think it is wonderful to have someone you care so much about and that cares so much about you to help you with this goal so if you can find someone like that grab hold.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You have to feel like you are important. Make this about doing what is BEST for you ... not about depriving yourself.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Some days I just do it because I have to....like brushing my teeth :) Commitment will kick motivation's butt any day!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I think the best motivator is . . . You deserve to be the best you that you can be. You deserve to look in the mirror and think, "Wow! I look great! I am happy with the woman I see looking back at me! I really like her!"

Life is short. Too short to spend your time not feeling all of the above.

Get back in the game. You can do it!!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I like what i see when i look in the mirror, and i think of all the hard work ive already put into it:smile:
  • tvaye10
    tvaye10 Posts: 19
    Options
    My Dear Kristin, I know all too well how you are feeling. I stay motivated by thinking of the months that I've already put into my new lifestyle change and by acknowledging the progress that I've made. I know it gets hard at times, especially when you aren't seeing the results you want to see. You were doing SO great and I know that if you put your mind to it you will continue on your journey and go beyond your ultimate goal. Hang in there girl! I love you tons! :flowerforyou: