Working Mommy Distance Challenge....?

Options
I'm trying to find someone (or a few someones) that would want to do a distance competition with me. Whether it be with a pedometer/step counting app or maybe even with runtastic and exercise machine mileage pictures (pedometer/step app may not be fair if the person I'm doing this with has an office job - I'm on my feet walking all day I already get in a lot of distance just at work - I need to do things outside of work!!) or maybe even creating a Facebook group where a group of us do this challenge together - maybe pay like $20 or something and then at the end of so many weeks the top 3 people with the highest average distances would each get a cash prize? We'd have to take and submit pictures of the exercise machine mileage and screen shots of runtastic for the distance to count.
I just really think if I had the motivation to start and get some work outs in I would start to notice some positive changes. I thought making this an event for working moms would give us a lot to discuss and know that we're within a group that are dealing with the same life issues affecting our schedules, our motivation and in turn our weight loss. Let me know what you think and if you may be interested - I'd like to start soon! :)

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting but there is no way I would join if money is involved. Don't take offence at that but could be a scam? If you do it without the cash, let me know.
  • kc_112
    kc_112 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    We could do it without the cash :) I copy & pasted most of this from a Facebook post I made to people I know - I didn't even think of the fact that people I don't know personally may not feel comfortable about that part ;) do you think the competition itself would be motivation enough without that incentive?
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Sounds like fun, but yeah, I would have to do it without the cash motivation.
  • kc_112
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yay! I hope we can find a few more to join!! I'd be happy to do an excel spreadsheet each week showing each person's weekly total distance + average for challenge. Maybe just seeing the numbers laid out in front of us would give us that sense of accomplishment that will motive and encourage us to keep going :)

Find me on Facebook: Kelli Seifert (I'm in Perham,mn That should take you right to me :) )
    And I'll create and group and over the next couple days come up with some guidelines and what not Feel free to let me know if you have any ideas to improve the challenge, how long you think it should last, etc.
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    sent a request. My name is Candace :smile:
  • kc_112
    Options
    I"ve set up a Facebook group for the challenge - feel free to add me on Facebook so I can add you to the group. :)