Ideal Protein Phase 1, Week 1

Options
Hi all!! I'm starting the Ideal Protein plan and am hoping to find some people to go through this journey with me. If no one is starting, maybe someone is ahead of me and wouldn't mind being a mentor? I'm most interested in finding comraderie and finding some recipes to help me out. I'm a bit scared to get going. It sounds like I'll be on Phase 1 approximately 8-10 weeks... so that's getting to holiday season.

I look forward to connecting with you.

Carrie
Marquis2113

Replies

• Bubbles6500
    Bubbles6500 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just finished week one. I go way in tomorrow. So far so good. We will see what happens. I also am looking for some great ideas to make it through this. I would be done in 10 weeks as well.
  • Blondie3304
    Blondie3304 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies... so proud to hear that you are on this journey too. I did IP last year and lost 35 lbs in 3 months. I maintained and then went on a big vacation in the Spring which started the slippery slope. I am not quite back as heavy as I was but definitely sad to see all my vacation clothes went unworn this summer. I really struggle in week 1 with being tired and headaches but it does go away. Cravings are a daily struggle but they get better as well. I am on Day 4... again. One key that worked for me in the past is to focus on this NOT being a diet but being a life changer. I don't even care that the first week is mostly water weight... it still feels good to have that button close easily on my jeans! Stay on the diet, do not cheat and it will work. I promise.
  • KimBrunet31
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I have also previously done IP and lost 60lbs . I have kept most of it off and have decided to phase back in and lose about 40 more . I am on day 3 , looking forward to the energy boost of day 4!
  • bonvinimurphy
    Options
    A little late to the board, but I am also on IP and in week one day 6 - feeling a bit sluggish today, but in general it's been going well. I have lost 6 lbs and like someone said, who cares if it's just mostly water weight? I was bloated and feeling gross. I do feel better. I have 44 lbs left to go.....
  • samjbfan
    Options
    I picked up my packet for IP today. I will be starting the program on Sunday. I only have about 25#s to lose so it shouldn't take very long. I will share my experiences on here as I get the time. I look forward to hearing from other folks about their experiences.
  • Rubytues20
    Rubytues20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started! Day 1, not bad. Support is great
  • bermudamel
    Options
    just finished day 1, I was on before and lost 65 lbs but washorrible and let all the junk food work its way back in. when realizing my dr could be back on insulin I started again and I can say it really does work! I just hate the headache I get around day 2 or 3