Losing motivation

Options
Guys, I need help! I'm losing motivation to track my food, to get off the sofa, and to eat well. I just started a new medication and it makes me so tired. I don't know how to get moving.

Replies

• cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You get moving by doing it one step at a time. Try to remind yourself why you started this journey. It is not a diet. It is not a phase. It is truly a lifestyle change. An overhaul! Don't give up hope. There are so many others that are right where you are. We are all struggling to exercise and eat right - to log our food as we should. Believe me, I know it is a struggle. There are days that I feel the journey is so long...so out of reach. But, it's not. Don't lose sight of your dream to be a better, healthier you. Good luck!
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The self talk I've been giving myself is "it's just ten minutes of walking" and most of the time I end up doing more. Just make yourself start. It's hard. I know. I go through several minutes/hours of self motivation talk before I ever start the ten minutes. But once I do, I usually feel a bit better. If ten is too much, tell yourself you'll do five. Most likely you'll over achieve. And if you don't, at least it's five minutes better than what you would have done. Best of luck!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would recommend not relying on motivation- just do the thing because it needs doing- not because you feel like it or are motivated. Motivation ALWAYS leaves us. Every single one of us. At some point it becomes something you do out of sheer driving force of will- not feel good motivation.

You can do it- but you have to make the decision to do it- much like you chose to get up every day to go to work- motivated or not.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Have you weighed yourself recently. Whenever I lose motivation or fall off track I weigh myself. Seeing that drop on the scale really gives me the extra umph. This wouldn't work for someone who weighed theirself daily. I usually only weight myself once a month if that.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I'd tell your doctor about these side effects.
  • toefreckle
    Options
    Thanks guys <3 I'll tell her next week when I see her. The hardest part is I know I'm losing weight giving up stuff now, but it's not stuff I want to give up forever. What if I get to my goal weight and start gaining again? I can't imagine a life without chocolate and a good wine and cheese platter!
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You could either motivate yourself again or become disciplined. But why not both? *Mexican Music*
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    The point of MFP and counting your calories is to realize that you do not have to give up the foods you love. You just have to not overeat on them.