Looking for a few support and motivational buddies!

Options
Hi! I'm Talvie and I recently decided to finally shed some of the remaining pounds I've been unable for a good two years or so.
I started Uni and the unlimited food-buffet-style atmosphere really scares me since I feel like I could binge eat my feelings away and fall for the Freshman 15. I started out that way but I've been able to cut back now by finding things to do to keep myself distracted!
It's hard to find motivational and supporting people here when it comes to fitness because most of my friends eat pizza and fries for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Plus getting to know more people is always fun too!
My goal is to currently drop 12 lbs in fat and gain a couple in muscle mass!
Thanks!

Replies

• Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Those last 10 lbs. or so are the most difficult to lose because they've been on your body the longest. Are you sure you need to lose them because you are actually still overweight with body fat as opposed to just thinking you're overweight? Some people are where they are supposed to be but still believe they need to lose more. I don't know what your fitness lifestyle is or what your actual weight is at but you may just need to convert those extra pounds into muscle by doing weight workouts. I would recommend that you ensure from an assessment perspective that you do need to lose them.
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You might be surprised. I dropped the Freshman 15 instead of gaining it. We had buffet style food, too, but it never changed, so I ate less and less, both of the bad stuff and less in general. Also, make sure to get active. I joined a sport club (fencing) that year, and the combination of activity and a more reasonable meal size let me drop the weight without even trying.
  • thekellystruggle
    Options
    I'm also a college freshman and have the same dilemmas with the buffet-style food and the poor influence of my friends. I'd love to be a buddy :) we can hold each other accountable!