Sweating for the wedding?

Options
I just wanted to put a quick post on here to ask for advice and support on losing weight/getting healthy for my wedding. It's not until May of 2016, but I really want to get things in check now and change my lifestyle so I'm not stuck crash dieting a month beforehand. Anyone who would be willing to add me as a friend and help keep me motivated would be greatly appreacited!

Also, has anyone faced this journey themselves? How did it turn out? What would you suggest for great success?

Replies

• mandakittykitty
    mandakittykitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lots of views, no replies. Bummertown.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ha, your second comment made me laugh.

I have my wedding in June 2015, and I'm hoping to drop the last stubborn 15 or so pounds. I've set my calories high, and I should lose about .7 pounds a week. This will have me hitting my goal weight around March.

I'll let you know how it goes in nine months. :smiley:
  • mandakittykitty
    Options
    Good luck! My biggest fear is that I already (excitedly) bought my wedding dress, and it's a size that will basically fit me now with a few alterations to bring it in on the tummy....I'm so worried that if I lose too much, the dress will not be able to be altered! What a stupid thing to hold me back from losing serious weight...right?
  • Staysassy
    Staysassy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's good that you're thinking about it early, that way you really are making it a lifestyle change rather than a "diet". My wedding is November 2015 and now that I'm about a year out I'm really starting to think about it, but instead of thinking of how many lbs to lose I want to be toned. You can be thin and still be smushy! lol My focus will be my arms/shoulders/back since most dresses are strapless. Just stay focused and keep plugging away, the weight WILL come off!
  • BadassBride
    BadassBride Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey mandakittykitty! Check out my username ;)
    My wedding will be in August 2015 and I've got about 40 lbs to lose.

I just started using MyFitnessPal. It's going well so far, but I always get de-railed when I try to diet. The weekends are hard. And I love going out to eat but it is NOT a good idea for me. I love food too much. About two weeks out of the month (PMS & period week) I kind of just eat whatever the hell I want. And my fiance does well as long as I do, but if I have a weak moment and suggest ordering pizza, he's like "yeah!" so we do it. I'm also addicted to sugar, which definitely does not help.

So I've cut WAY back but am still letting myself have the occasional piece of dark chocolate or a beer if I want one. If I deprive myself too much it triggers my binge reflex.

My point is, I REALLY want to make it stick this time! And I think using the buddy system is a great tactic for staying motivated.

This is the main thought I focus on when I think about my mission:

"The last thing I'm going to want to think about on my wedding day is how 'fat' I look. I want to feel pretty and enjoy myself without having to constantly worry about the way my body looks."

As far as the dress goes, I think if you're going smaller it can definitely be done. If in doubt, call a bridal tailor and ask. And then you won't have that holding you back!!

Good luck,
    Sarah
  • mandakittykitty
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, Sarah! I added you as a friend, maybe we can help keep each other motivated on the home screen with liking and commenting on workouts/logging! Do you keep your food log open...and log honestly? LOL I try to but I fail on the weekends pretty bad, that's usually when my streaks get cut off because I feel too bad to log the beers and snacks hehe.

I really like your quote, because I agree! The last thing I want to be thinking about is sucking the gut in, psuhing my shoulders back, preventing a double chin, making sure my arms don't look fat, etc on my wedding day!!!!

Hey mandakittykitty! Check out my username ;)
    My wedding will be in August 2015 and I've got about 40 lbs to lose.

I just started using MyFitnessPal. It's going well so far, but I always get de-railed when I try to diet. The weekends are hard. And I love going out to eat but it is NOT a good idea for me. I love food too much. About two weeks out of the month (PMS & period week) I kind of just eat whatever the hell I want. And my fiance does well as long as I do, but if I have a weak moment and suggest ordering pizza, he's like "yeah!" so we do it. I'm also addicted to sugar, which definitely does not help.

So I've cut WAY back but am still letting myself have the occasional piece of dark chocolate or a beer if I want one. If I deprive myself too much it triggers my binge reflex.

My point is, I REALLY want to make it stick this time! And I think using the buddy system is a great tactic for staying motivated.

This is the main thought I focus on when I think about my mission:

"The last thing I'm going to want to think about on my wedding day is how 'fat' I look. I want to feel pretty and enjoy myself without having to constantly worry about the way my body looks."

As far as the dress goes, I think if you're going smaller it can definitely be done. If in doubt, call a bridal tailor and ask. And then you won't have that holding you back!!

Good luck,
    Sarah