Finally Here!

Options
I finally belong on this board. As of last night I am actually a pound below my goal weight. So I guess I can eat a little more or exercise a little less. I suppose it will take me a while to figure out what works for me.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I finally belong on this board. As of last night I am actually a pound below my goal weight. So I guess I can eat a little more or exercise a little less. I suppose it will take me a while to figure out what works for me.

Congratulations!
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hit my goal weight this morning and I am both estatic and nervous. I've never been in maintenance before. Gonna take it one day at a time and just continue doing what I know works for me...
  • entermysoul
    entermysoul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I'm excited for the day that I will be able to say, "I've reached my goal weight." Oh it will be a party going on in Fayetteville, NC.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    mdozer831 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hit my goal weight this morning and I am both estatic and nervous. I've never been in maintenance before. Gonna take it one day at a time and just continue doing what I know works for me...

Congrats to you too!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, and congratulations to you, too, mdozer!
  • tjohnoconnor
    tjohnoconnor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It can take a lot to get to this point. I have to laugh at my own situation in getting here. It took me about a year to lose 150 pounds and about a year and a half to lose another 20. Then the last 6 months alone for the last 5 pounds :D
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Many congrats! YAY (*)

.. and whoa look at this new forum! <3
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yay! Keep doing what you were doing - with a bit more flexibility in your life.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat more, and also exercise more. Exercise has gone from something to dread to something to look forward to after working all day. Welcome to maintenanceland.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    JoeCWV wrote: »
    I eat more, and also exercise more. Exercise has gone from something to dread to something to look forward to after working all day. Welcome to maintenanceland.

Me too! I also still log because that way I know I'm staying on track.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hint: DON'T exercise less - keep your activity up and you will do fine, just eat a bit more if you need to. Check out the National Weight Control Registry for tips on maintenance and keeping at your goal weight range. nwcr.ws/
  • 13Cheryl11tom
    13Cheryl11tom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching maintenance I am working on maintaining while working on building muscle and strengthening my bones. I have to keep tracking because my weight wants to creep up a little if I don't pay attention despite exercising more. Loving the results of regular exercise.
  • kariukijames93
    Options
    conglats
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    now for the fun part, figuring out how to stay at this weight. You just have to play around with it and it is really about the same as losing, it is definitely a lifestyle change.
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    congrats! now you get to eat more food....yeah! Go slow finding your maintenance calories.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Wow. I can't imagine losing 150 pounds. Thankful I didn't have to.

I don't intend to cut down on exercise, even if I would like to. I wish I could get to a point of actually liking it. i still have to make myself do it.
  • tjohnoconnor
    tjohnoconnor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The best thing is to keep doing what you do. You know what to do if you gain or lose. You are now at a point where many fall off the wagon and believe they can eat like other people or like they used to.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the maintenance zone! I think I need more support on maintenance than I did losing the weight. I have increased exercise.