Looking for some friends and support!

Options
Hello MFP people! I have been here off and on for the past few years and have come to realize that I could really use some support. I'm rocking the Keto lifestyle right now, (not looking for a debate on that choice if you don't mind) or trying to anyway, I would love to get people on my friend feed on a similar journey as a daily inspiration. Please please, take a moment to check out my profile and see if we might be a measure of support for one another.

Thanks so much for your time, folks. <3

Replies

• HannahRodriguez
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same boat. I've been using this site on and off since 2011 but weigh more then I did then. I initially lost weight but gained it back and then some. I could use some support to stick it out this time and get to a healthy weight. I don't have a certain diet I follow but I've heard of Keto and I see the appeal. I'm just trying to lower my overall intake before I worry about rules on what I eat too. Lets be friends! -Hannah
  • mkroberger
    mkroberger Posts: 25 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi! I'm also in the same boat. Been on here for a few years. This last month I have been counting my calories and exercising a ton, with very little change in my weight. I decided to start a Keto diet on Monday (all my life I have tried every diet out there). Last year about this time exactly I did Atkins and did lose a nice amount.
    But Keto this time, am getting my Ketostix from Amazon in the mail tomorrow. Feel pretty good thus far. Better than I did last year. I think because I am making sure I am getting a lot of fat.
    Oddly I am peeing a lot the last couple of days, but not seeing a huge drop on the scale...maybe about three pounds. Oh well. I'm on on day three, and I can use my ketostix to monitor myself. And I heard when you are older you lose it more slowly. The fast success stories are typically folks in the twenties and men. :-\
    I'll friend y'all though! Good to get that support and motivation from other success stories.
  • Corrie65
    Corrie65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I lost weight three years ago but have put most of it back on again and am trying to stay on track but it seems harder this time. I am trying to get back on track.
  • livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    feel free to add me :) ive been off and on for years also!
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    I am restarting; as with most of you I've been on and off this site for several years. I'm almost embarrassed, but not enough to stop trying!! I am 51 years old and would like to lose 50 or more pounds. Frankly, if I could get 10 off and leave it off for a couple of months, I would be ecstatic! Would love some friends to encourage and receive support from!