Over on protein for one day?

Options
Just added my food for the day and am under on everything except protein where i'm on -45!! I 'treated' myself to day by having quite a bit of mince at dinner which pushed it over by so much, i'm guessing one day is ok to go over by? Just lost 8lbs so don't want that going to waste!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Honestly im surprised youre still alive after eating that many proteins
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP numbers you should consider protein goal as a minimum target to reach - they are usually set very low.
  • livetolift97
    Options
    If you go over one day, you will be fine, especially after losing 8 pounds.. IMO its better to go over on protein rather then carbs or fats.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Going over on protein is actually a good thing. I'm always happy to see when I have more than 125g a day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP numbers you should consider protein goal as a minimum target to reach - they are usually set very low.

This.

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    The protein goal that MFP sets is usually really low. You should aim to go over it.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Going over on protein is actually a good thing. I'm always happy to see when I have more than 125g a day.

^^This.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Calories are what matter for weight loss. Your macros (carbs, fat, protein) can be set however you want to help with things like health, hunger, and body composition. MFP has given you one possible macro ratio, but it's not the only one that will work.

Protein is one of the things that helps you stay full longer (the other two are fiber and fat). It also helps your body to repair and retain more lean muscle mass while you're losing. As you can see, a lot of us think MFP sets their default goal a little too low, anyway. You can do your own research if you want to determine whether or not their macro percentage is the best for you.

tl;dr version: you're fine (barring any medical conditions, obviously.)
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    No harm done!

If I am over on protein according to the pre-set MFP goals, it means I still have a long, long way to go for the day. I usually hit somewhere in the 170-200 gram range. If it means anything, I'm still alive.