How it takes to start seeing difference ?

Options
how many days until you would see the difference of losing weight using calorie deficit ??

Replies

• samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Depends on how much weight you have lost and are trying to lose. They say 6 weeks before you feel different, 6 weeks before you see a difference, 6 more weeks before other people notice the difference.

Your mileage may vary. Ive been back on my diet and exercise plan for 25 days and I see and feel a HUGE difference.
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 1/2 months to see a difference, a few weeks before then, my family noticed. I finally FEEL much different now that I'm over 4 months on plan.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. I find that most people say it's around 10 - 20% of their body weight lost when other people start to notice.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    It really is different for everyone, and the timeline will differ a lot based on a lot of different variables. For me it wasn't till I had to buy new clothes that people started to notice and comment more. Personally I felt it much earlier than that, as the clothes I had became loose, and as I felt stronger and healthier.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    No idea. I get used to how I look so I still feel like I'm as heavy as I was in July sometimes. But I've lost 20lbs. This should not be something you focus on, you should just be focusing on being consistent with your intake and monitoring how much you weigh, measurements, and/or how clothes feel.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 4 months to notice and feel a huge difference. I did notice within a few weeks some of my knee pain had gone away, but everything else took way longer.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Take pictures. You'll see a difference in 3-4 weeks.
  • Missjen87
    Missjen87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The first thing you will typically notice is inches, not pounds.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    wow thank you pals, so is there maximum edge of months ?
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    i guess close family won't notice but far ones :\ right ?
  • crowleynm
    Options
    For me it was a couple of weeks after getting serious about cutting calories and paying attention to my portion sizes. Being more active (i.e. excercising more than 3 times a week) certainly has helped. I first noticed it when my pants buttoned easier, not via a glance in the mirror. But I do agree with previous responses that it's going to be different for everyone.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm 14 days in and down 3 lbs and one inch on waist, I workout twice a day which is helping I think.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    It starts slow but as you progress it will pick up speed. I recommend some exercise to with fitness and toning. Running really helped me burn the fat.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    i guess close family won't notice but far ones :\ right ?

I just saw some of my extended family yesterday for the first time in a few months. If they noticed they didn't say anything about my weight loss. It was the family members that I see every day that noticed first.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    so exercising is beta ? yeah
  • consideritdonemi
    consideritdonemi Posts: 88 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It's been almost 2 months and I'm down 10 lbs, but being 133 lbs with my height (5' 2") and small frame I still look/feel overweight. Visually I only see a slight difference. I think 1 more month and maybe 5 more pounds will provide more "wow". Right now, not so much and haven't gotten any commentary.
  • consideritdonemi
    consideritdonemi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    samammay wrote: »
    They say 6 weeks before you feel different, 6 weeks before you see a difference, 6 more weeks before other people notice the difference.

That actually sounds about right.