Ok no but really this time...

Options
I've been a MFP member for several years now, but only with moderate success. Overall, I don't think I'm a super unhealthy eater... most of the time. And by most of the time, I mean when I'm not being called to grab a drink with friends (always Manhattans) or convincing myself that a week of great eating justifies 25 cent wing night at the local watering hole...

I'm looking for some friends to hold me accountable, and maybe swap some recipes too- I love to cook!

I tend to loose motivation after a few months, and I'm really trying not to let that happen this time!!

Replies

• Amyafm
    Amyafm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Maybe do a wing nite and drinks at home every now and then with your friends some nite, that way you can control the food and ingredients (and save some $$ perhaps along the way). I love to cook too and have stumbled on some seemingly good low fat alternatives to deep fried wings and such. Also, there's a good amount of liquors on the market now days that are marketed towards those of us watching our figures. I think the Hungry Girl website may have a lot of drink recipes on it, I'm not really a drinker much anymore these days but I notice drinks on my newsletters a lot.
    Good luck!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way... ugh. I will workout a lot and then justify the beer... or taco tuesday or a strawberry croissant with my coffee on weekends...

I'll add you :smile: i've lost about 50lbs in the past but I have about 30 to lose now...

Let's hold each other accountable!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    oh and skinnytaste.com has amazing recipes!
  • leastcommonusernameever
    Options
    Awesome advice! Thanks!
  • Dumbbell69
    Dumbbell69 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me