Healthy snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    rice cakes stretch a serving of peanut butter pretty far, makes a good snack.
  • pontac
    pontac Posts: 4
    Options
    healthiest snack is no snack. Eat sufficient in your three daily meals not to need snacks. Have a hot tea or coffee between times to fill stomach
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
    Chickpeas
    Frozen grapes
    Apple with lots of cinnamon sprinkled on top to make them sweet is my favourite healthy snack. Cinnamon is great because it stabilizes your blood sugar which helps with staving off cravings.

I can't wait until apples are in season so I can do this!
  • memkel
    memkel Posts: 7
    Options
    Yougurts. buddy fruits. kashi bars. green tea. Berries. Kroger has fresh selection one serving veggie and fruit trays that are quick and yummy. Fat free pudding cups. Frozen fruits. 70calorie one serving tuna flavored packs. Carrots & 60calorie Otria® cucumber dill gets veggie dip or HUMMUS!!! lol
  • memkel
    memkel Posts: 7
    Options
    Yougurts hahah
  • sweating_for_wedding
    Options
    OP I know you said sometimes you end up overeating things like nuts or peanut butter, so before you eat a snack like that that's high in calories but has good fats, try drinking a 8oz glass of water first! The suggestions like fruits and nuts and cheese are good, but if you want some pb or nuts, you can try to curb your overeating by making sure you've had plenty to drink. :)
  • klbecker1
    klbecker1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Carrots! I eat a ton of baby carrots, and they fill me up pretty well. Baby carrots to be exact. If you want something to dip them in, skip the ranch and use Wishbone Balsalmic Vinaigrette. Only 60cal/2tbsp.
  • Aniluz7
    Aniluz7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    spreadable laughing cow cheese with flax crackers

rice cakes

hummus with carrots /celery

boiled egg

small can of tuna with lemon juice

apples with peanut butter

small salad

piece of chicken

almonds

greek yogurt

whole wheat bread with peanut butter

small soup (low sodium)

protein bar

fruit

cucumber with dill sauce

salsa and tortilla chips ( I get organic ones with chia and flax seed)

protein shake

smoothie

homemade almond meal or coconut muffins (I add carrots and zucchini to to them along with apples or raisins...super yummy and healthy)

banana with peanut butter and chia seeds

popcorn

dark chocolate

sliced turkey (low sodium)

yogurt with chia seeds

:)
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    1 cup of grapes = 100 calories. Extremely filling.
  • odinalove1
    odinalove1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i get stuff from the Chinese shops, seaweed snacks, rice crackers, and i also have the walkers sunbites when i can't help it. since it's autumn barley tea powder such as caro will help and it's filling too. also buying a whole meal sandwich is ok as long as you eat just one triangle.
    to be honest , sometimes all i really want is a fat moist cookie and a cup of tea. #sigh
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    jennylilac wrote: »
    I like low cal Babybel cheeses. 50 calories and no measuring!

I'm all about individual cheese portions too... I love cheese and will eat WAY too much if I don't have it pre-portioned for me. Laughing Cow low-fat wedges are also yummy. Last night I tried frozen raspberries... they were surprisingly good that way, but be careful if you have tooth sensitivity.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    apples with peanut butter
    hummus and cucumbers
    popcorn

I see people mention hummus and peanut butter all the time, and every single time I think "Really?" I consider them high. Maybe it's because I like to eat larger quantities of things, and a serving of peanut butter ain't gonna do it?

The problem is the OP asked too different questions. In the title she asked for "healthy" snacks, and then the OP asked for low calorie snacks. Peanut butter definitely doesn't fall into "low calorie" in my opinion, but is definitely a healthy snack (as is a Snicker's bar) :)

• luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I like cucumbers and hummus as well.. ( Thank you Lifting4Lis! )

2 tbsp ( which is a good dollop ) is 60-70 calories and a half cup of sliced cucumbers is only 8 calories :)
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I started having my apple with PB2. I could honestly not eat the stuff on its own, as in like I will not even lick the spoon I mix it with but do not mind it at all for dipping an apple.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    This answers are making me so hungry!

I went to the cinema last night and instead of taking popcorn my friend and I had raisins - it worked really well. :smile:

I'm not very good at imagining snacks, which is why I signed up to graze.com the other day. My first 'light box' of low calorie snacks arrived today!
  • zanetamichelle
    Options
    yogurt with fruit or string cheese, whole wheat bread with pb, protein bar, air-popped popcorn, etc
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    My standards
    half sour dill pickles from Costco
    Baby Belle light cheese
    greek yogurt (120 or 100 calorie ones)
    turkey breast lunch rolled up with a spicy mustard
    my version of a deviled egg.. use dijionase ( 5 calories) instead of mayo with a dash of hot sauce..you get you deviled egg fix without all the calories.
    trader joe's black bean or tomato bisque soups (in those cartons) 100 calories.