What should I be doing and how much should I be eating?

Options
Currently I've lost over 80 pounds in the course of 3 years on an on and off lifestyle. For awhile I lost an additional 20 pounds in the summer by eating 100% clean and doing cardio and some squats here and there. However, I've seen a few things and now I've begun riding my bike for an hour at least 3 times a week, walking for 45 minutes-60 minutes 5x a week, and rotating strength training days (i.e leg day, arm day, etc) and I do lots of yoga as well so I strength train 4-5x a week for 30-40 minutes and yoga for the same amount of time but I don't know if that's what I should be doing for the goals I have in mind. (I eat lots of protein, I try not to consume sugar and if I do I make sure they're the good ones, and veggies)

I really want to lose the flabby fat hanging down my inner thighs and achieve at getting a smaller waist (currently 28 inches, wanting to lose maybe 1 or 2 more inches?) My stomach is generally flat but I feel like I could be so much better, please help?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? And what kind of strength training do you do?
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say just lifting weights help with the tummy thing and just toning up in general. Circuit training is meant to help as well. And a lot of people do cardio first for awhile to burn the fat off the entire body as you cannot spot reduce, and then do some strength training to tone, but both of those combined at the same time is circuit training, and if you eat clean completely you should see results soon.
  • strawterri
    Options
    Also another thing is, should I completely cut out sugar for now? Some people told me I shouldn't but I mean I don't see it as a big deal, I have vegetables and I'd like to put myself back into being less of a sweet wanting person.
  • AyanaJolie
    AyanaJolie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I recommend this book called "cinch" by cynthia sass
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to lose half a pound a week. Continue exercise. It sounds like you are doing all of the right things. Give it time.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Speaking very generally, continue to lose fat by maintaining a calorie deficit, and continue to strength train, and it is likely that you will reduce your waist size and body-fat levels.