Breaking free from the scale!!

Options
Okay so my name is Jenny and I'm addicted to weighing myself!! I do it religiously!! Every moring after potty time I weigh myself, day in, day out, sometimes twice a day. But Im happy to report that after I over indulged over the Easter holiday I decided to put the scale away. I knew I over ate and would probally gain, so I asked myself why am I going to torture myself by getting on the scale the next morning and ruining my day? So I put it in the cabinet, and it feels great. I am going to weigh in once a week, and then return my scale to the cabinet.
There is absolutely no reason why numbers on my scale should determine wether Im in a good mood or not, its so silly! Im fit, Im healthy, and Happy! Do I have a few lbs till my goal weight? Yes, but I will get there. Im currently, well I dont know??? Ha Ha!! Well lets just say my pants are a size two, and I just bought a pair of slouchy crop pants and the sales girl said go down a size, thats a zero. A ZERO!!! I'm working out, building muscle and having a great time doing it. So thats what Im going to do from now on!
Let the scale go, you will feel so much better!!!

starting weight-160+
Currents weight-131
Goal weight-120-ish

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I used to let the scale dictate my moods way too often. I brokeup with the scale recently and I don't plan on getting back together anytime soon :D
  • LionheartedDonna
    LionheartedDonna Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stop weighing myself when I got a good scale! It was an obsession. But I've got it down to once a day or less. Still got some work/confidence-building to do. Hopefully I'll get there! :D
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I find scales to be a huge demotivator to my efforts to lose weight, so I'm not using them.

I weighed myself at the beginning, once at 3 weeks to make sure things were progressing, and will do it again at 8. Other than that, I'm trusting the math.